The Flugel is a Feminine Instrument

sparkling_quavers

this stemming from our discussion in the pub last week? Most of the flugel players I know are girly girls........until I joined Flixton......where we have a bloke

MRSH

Supporting Member
TheMusicMan said:
Sheesh.. another 'girlie' thread :roll:
hehe
No No No

The band I used to conduct had a (male) flugel player. Ex-professional. Y'know - been there, done that, got the t-shirt etc etc etc. Fantastic musician. Great flugel sound. Very committed. Learnt a lot from him.

Just a shame he was Scottish. :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink:

<Runs and hides>

cornetgirl

My flugel, the dainty and exquisite Fenella, is very definitely feminine, as am I - we share the same love of shopping, shoes and pink things!

But does this therefore make all flugel players feminine? The thought of Messrs. Doyle and Williams in Jimmy Choos discussing the merits of Gucci mouthpieces over a skinny latte is terrifying!

Rach x

Accidental

Supporting Member
..... maybe thats because they know how to handle women right! After all its the instrument thats feminine, the player just has to know how to deal with it! :wink:

amgray

Is anyone going to accuse Mark Walters of being feminine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

missflugel

I moved on to Flugel Horn 10 years ago after my dad relinquished the seat for me. proof enough
Florence, whom i received for my 16th birthday has taken me to the top and served me well throughout.
Flugel is definitely a feminine instrument, but the most individual of brass instruments you could ever play.

Jo x

Okiedokie of Oz

Accidental said:
..... maybe thats because they know how to handle women right! After all its the instrument thats feminine, the player just has to know how to deal with it! :wink:
YUes this is the issue here people!!

No one said anything about the player!! We asked if the INSTRUMENT was feminine!!! In french is it le flugel horn or la flugel horn?

Moy

OK guys and gals.
All instruments that point outwards are masculine and all instruments that point upwards (towards heaven) are feminine.
Now sure you can work that out....well apart from percussion. :wink:

Moy

James McFadyen said:
Including Basses, Moria!?? I'm sure Bruce (bruceg) is gonna be chuffed to bits! :) :)
Yeh James even tubas....I think that's gospel according to Geoffrey Brand and my youth band days.

PeterBale

Staff member
Re: Poppycock!!!

Okiedokie of Oz said:
Heck, even I disagree with that!!
But what if you think of it as a young lady sitting in your lap for a couple of hours at a time :?: :wink: :lol: