THE EVENT- Who's going to stay over??

neiltwist

bigmamabadger said:
Gor blimey the social engineering is going to be complex for this one. Who gets to sleep with whom, and why.
Obviously it'll be cheaper for everyone if people share, also where are we going to find a hotel with 48 free bedrooms all on one night.
If I end up sharing with anyone who snores/farts/sleepwalks there will be unpleasantness which is why I'm NOT volunteering to share with Jessop-Smythe. :x
Like I said, I'm probably going to be a bit of a lightweight so will happily share with another lightweight. :oops:

I'll be picking up the Manc. train in Crewe probably, so can meet up with Mancs if you let me know what train you're on? (Feel a song coming on....)
BMB

well the train is the one that gets in at 11.58 (or it would have been £20.00 dearer each!)

neiltwist

neiltwist said:
The Cornet King said:
cornetgirl said:
I'll be staying over too - who's gonna organise the hotel then - and don't volunteer me cos I'm snowed under with work!!!

Rach x

Congratulations for Volunteering Rachel :lol: :lol:

Not sure yet. We need to investigate prices and try get a group booking!
The cheaper the better, more money for beer :guiness :guiness

it's already being done!

ps, not everyone is staying over, and it will be up to yourself to book, but we'll find a deal and/or the cheapest hotel

leisa

neiltwist said:
bigmamabadger said:
Gor blimey the social engineering is going to be complex for this one. Who gets to sleep with whom, and why.
Obviously it'll be cheaper for everyone if people share, also where are we going to find a hotel with 48 free bedrooms all on one night.
If I end up sharing with anyone who snores/farts/sleepwalks there will be unpleasantness which is why I'm NOT volunteering to share with Jessop-Smythe. :x
Like I said, I'm probably going to be a bit of a lightweight so will happily share with another lightweight. :oops:

I'll be picking up the Manc. train in Crewe probably, so can meet up with Mancs if you let me know what train you're on? (Feel a song coming on....)
BMB

well the train is the one that gets in at 11.58 (or it would have been £20.00 dearer each!)

have we booked these tickets yet neil? im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neiltwist

leisa said:
neiltwist said:
bigmamabadger said:

BMB

have we booked these tickets yet neil? im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes the tickets are booked! will be picking them up tomorrow!

bigmamabadger

neiltwist said:
ps, not everyone is staying over, and it will be up to yourself to book, but we'll find a deal and/or the cheapest hotel

I assume you'll tell us where to book this deal at some point? :lol:
I have visions of sleeping on New Street Station, and beleive me, I've done that before and it ain't fun... :cry:
BMB

bigmamabadger

My train gets in at 12:06, can't connect with the Manc train. What say everyone who gets into New Street meets up in the station pub (used to be above the platforms before you went out through the ticket barriers) 11:45 - 12:15 ish?
Then we can either all walk to the Mailbox or organise outselves a load of taxis.
8) BMB

neiltwist

bigmamabadger said:
neiltwist said:

I assume you'll tell us where to book this deal at some point? :lol:
I have visions of sleeping on New Street Station, and beleive me, I've done that before and it ain't fun... :cry:
BMB

with a it of luck i'll be posting some info today, obviously I'll try to find the cheapest hotel, but is anyone interested in any dearer hotels? (personally i'll be going for the cheapest!)

keep an eye out, it'll be in a new thread.

geordiecolin

bigmamabadger said:
My train gets in at 12:06, can't connect with the Manc train. What say everyone who gets into New Street meets up in the station pub (used to be above the platforms before you went out through the ticket barriers) 11:45 - 12:15 ish?
Then we can either all walk to the Mailbox or organise outselves a load of taxis.
8) BMB

Sounds good to me....... (My train gets in @ 11, getting there an hour early saved me about a tenner!)

neiltwist

what about dropping stuff off at hotels etc? shouldn't be too far from the station, but it depends what time we're meeting for the rehearsal.

ps, not taxing to mailbox!

neiltwist

geordiecolin said:
bigmamabadger said:
8) BMB

Sounds good to me....... (My train gets in @ 11, getting there an hour early saved me about a tenner!)

but will you spend that tenner in the pub before we get there?