THE EVENT- Who's going to stay over??

manx_yessir

I'll stay! The Cornet King has promised me beer for giving him a lift there! :lol:
If anyone else wants a lift from Leeds/West Yorkshire area then P.M. me :D

Di B

I won't be stopping over unfortunatly, but I can assist those that don't know Brum! I would suggest getting a hotel on Broad Street (same place as Symphony Hall) as this is the main 'pub run' in Birmingham packed with pubs and loads of night life, is a 10-15 minute walk (or 5 min taxi) from station.

The best budget hotel I know is some sort of sleep inn/comfort inn/something like that where rooms are around £40 a night - you might be able to get family rooms?

All I know, is the hotel is linked directly with Old Orleans, probably the only quiet pub on Broad Street! There is also secure parking behind the pub/in front of the hotel for those driving down in Mercs!

Have spent many a happy morning coming out of that place with a hangover :wink:

leisa

lynchie said:
I'll stay over as long as I have the cash available.

hmmmmm would you go back to manc if you didnt have the cash im having problems gettin there and back......so if anyones goin in a car there and back and has room for little me.......??

The Cornet King

manx_yessir said:
I'll stay! The Cornet King has promised me beer for giving him a lift there! :lol:

Hey Andrew, you'd better not be one of these serious heavyweight drinkers!!! Otherwise i'd better apply for another student loan now :lol: :evil:

On the other hand, thats what a student loan is for (beer, lots and lots of beer :D :D )mmmmmm........
They'd better have some decent Ale down in those parts!! :D

neiltwist

leisa said:
lynchie said:

hmmmmm would you go back to manc if you didnt have the cash im having problems gettin there and back......so if anyones goin in a car there and back and has room for little me.......??

the train is only a tenner !

leisa

neiltwist said:
leisa said:
lynchie said:

a tenner where from!!!!! my mothers tryin to destroy me!!!! she told me it was 30 quid!!

neiltwist

leisa said:
neiltwist said:
leisa said:
lynchie said:

a tenner where from!!!!! my mothers tryin to destroy me!!!! she told me it was 30 quid!!

right, I'll contact sparkly and you tonight, and you can see each other at band, but you can get a single for £4.50 or something from piccadilly, and it goes through stockport.

lynchie

not sure how late you'd be able to get a train back... if I get the car to go down, I'll definitely be staying over, as I plan to be in no state to drive! Can you not stay till the saturday then?

cornetgirl

I'll be staying over too - who's gonna organise the hotel then - and don't volunteer me cos I'm snowed under with work!!!

Rach x

The Cornet King

cornetgirl said:
I'll be staying over too - who's gonna organise the hotel then - and don't volunteer me cos I'm snowed under with work!!!

Rach x

Congratulations for Volunteering Rachel :lol: :lol:

Not sure yet. We need to investigate prices and try get a group booking!
The cheaper the better, more money for beer :guiness :guiness

neiltwist

The Cornet King said:
cornetgirl said:

Rach x

Congratulations for Volunteering Rachel :lol: :lol:

Not sure yet. We need to investigate prices and try get a group booking!
The cheaper the better, more money for beer :guiness :guiness

it's already being done!

dyl

I'm gutted that I can't stay over - we have a contest the day after, and I'm already missing a rehearsal to come to CIN so can't push it to miss the contest as well! Will be staying for a couple of shandys though!

bigmamabadger

Gor blimey the social engineering is going to be complex for this one. Who gets to sleep with whom, and why.
Obviously it'll be cheaper for everyone if people share, also where are we going to find a hotel with 48 free bedrooms all on one night.
If I end up sharing with anyone who snores/farts/sleepwalks there will be unpleasantness which is why I'm NOT volunteering to share with Jessop-Smythe. :x
Like I said, I'm probably going to be a bit of a lightweight so will happily share with another lightweight. :oops:

I'll be picking up the Manc. train in Crewe probably, so can meet up with Mancs if you let me know what train you're on? (Feel a song coming on....)
BMB