The end for Sibelius?

cornet_matt1

Does anybody have a link to the official press release from Avid about this?
Would be nice to read exactly what they said rather than an interpretation.

Some people are saying Avid is ending Sibelius full stop and others are saying Avid will continue to develop Sibelius, just not at a UK HQ.

It's hard to believe they would just end a product without offering support for the current users.

Anglo Music Press

Does anybody have a link to the official press release from Avid about this?
Would be nice to read exactly what they said rather than an interpretation.

Some people are saying Avid is ending Sibelius full stop and others are saying Avid will continue to develop Sibelius, just not at a UK HQ.

It's hard to believe they would just end a product without offering support for the current users.
Here's the lastest from them:-
http://community.avid.com/blogs/avid/archive/2012/07/23/avids-commitment-to-sibelius.aspx

cornet_matt1

Thanks for that.

So it seems Sibelius will continue to be developed.
"Our plan is to integrate Sibelius development more closely with the rest of Avid's audio development teams in California" - maybe the move will allow Avid to further improve the product?

I think it's safe to say current users will not have their Sibelius licenses revoked. Just like other outdated software (i.e. Operating Systems), the ability to use them will continue but support maybe limited and updates probably won't be as frequent.

mikelyons

Supporting Member
If you have ever used any of Avid's other taken over software, you will appreciate just how badly handled the changes have been. The thing that seems to be getting people's dander up is the fact that the original developers of Sibelius - the people who designed and developed the original program - are being cut out of the loop. We will lose the personal touch. I'vr had Daniel Spreadbury emailing me a midnight on the day before his wedding! As I have said previously, Avid ruined Pinnacle. Avid ruined Sibelius after Sib 6. All they're in terested in is profit. 'Nuff said.