The Amazing Mr. Arban, arr. Elgar Howarth

Seedhouse

Hello, just wondering whether anyone knew the excercises from the Arban that Mr. Howarth used and compiled in this piece for the solo part?
I know a few, but i'm trying to find all of them, but i'm not going to play through the entire book just to find them! :lol:
Cheers.

Page 106 No.9 is the theme, it goes back to the days when he was having lessons at the Royal Manchester College of Music with a great trumpet teacher called Cecil Kidd. It was used as a sound exercise, probably the most difficult exercise one could get, done properly.

DJ

Moy

I agree Mr James but in the American Arban it's P 106 No 44.

That's my excuse for always getting numbers wrong. :wink:

Strangely enough it's difficult in mine as well in the correct pitch and even down a 5th, but it is getting better - honest.

Hear you made trumpet players who auditioned for the BBC Scottish audition with another favourite of mine!!!!!!!!!!

The Cornet King

Because i have (seemingly) nothing better to do...*sigh* i know a few of the exercises in the solo:

pg 28 ex 20,
pg 29 ex 23,
pg 109 ex 5,
pg 172 ex 71 and 72,
Study No 13 (my fave :D )

Thats most of 'em :D

:wink:

flugelgal

JamesResurgam said:
Page 106 No.9 is the theme, it goes back to the days when he was having lessons at the Royal Manchester College of Music with a great trumpet teacher called Cecil Kidd. It was used as a sound exercise, probably the most difficult exercise one could get, done properly.

DJ

Over the last couple of months I have come to appreciate what you meant by this, David! :shock:

Over the last couple of months I have come to appreciate what you meant by this, David!

I appreciate that you've worked at it :oops: All the talking is done with the bell end and I've got the message.

Dafydd ap Iago

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.