Thameside Youth Contest

leisa

lynchie said:
well after thursday you wont have a seat to sit in anyway... hehe! :wink: :lol:

eh?? mean if i havent neither will u haha!!! well done by the way for ur result im sure our cup mute was partly helping you?!

lynchie

Yeah, must say thanks to the people att ssbb who gave me a cup mute! I hardly even noticed the dent... or the missing bit of cork... :wink:

Thanks all the same. And any extra damage you can blame Leisa!

Steve

A big congrats to Smithills and all the individual winners, personally a little disapointed with the result but the comments were good so......!

Thanks SSBB for the mute, was about as quiet as Lynchie got all day.

Anyone else have trouble getting home? Took us about 4/5 hours and ended up with half the band walking through the ditches by the M6 in the pouring rain as the toilet on the bus was broken.

Also, was nice to meet a few TMPers in the bar, I think that is possibly the first time members of any other youth band have spoken to someone from YB2K!!!

drummergurl

smithills percussion section had to borrow sticks!!! i was asked but my sticks were locked in the luggage compartment thingie of our coach n the driver couldnt be found, so i think they must have either borrowed ray paynes or my friend lionel (hes one of the green jackets!!)

leisa

Steve21 said:
A big congrats to Smithills and all the individual winners, personally a little disapointed with the result but the comments were good so......!

Thanks SSBB for the mute, was about as quiet as Lynchie got all day.

Anyone else have trouble getting home? Took us about 4/5 hours and ended up with half the band walking through the ditches by the M6 in the pouring rain as the toilet on the bus was broken.

Also, was nice to meet a few TMPers in the bar, I think that is possibly the first time members of any other youth band have spoken to someone from YB2K!!!

untrue!!!! i speak to paul all the time :p :D it was nice to meet u!!

Steve

No, I meant on contest day. I thought it was now standard procedure for each band to dissapear in a different direction at places like Blackpool / Tameside etc rather than mingle in the bar. Glad to see thats not the case.

lynchie

I think you're forgetting 2 things Steve...

1) Youth Bands are under 18 and
2) Youth Brass 2000 DO NOT condone under age drinking... no matter what country we're in! :D

Steve

Sorry, I accidentally put 'bar' instead of 'McDonalds'. Seriously though, a YB2K tour is one of the best forms of additional incomes most towns/cities/countries get. Look at Belgium, we go there for two days and by the time we leave everyone has got new cars,houses,clothes but no beer.

leisa

Steve21 said:
No, I meant on contest day. I thought it was now standard procedure for each band to dissapear in a different direction at places like Blackpool / Tameside etc rather than mingle in the bar. Glad to see thats not the case.

ooo it is with some i agree i tend not to prejudice against paul though its not his fault hehe :p thats silly though cos on sunday i was sat with 1 member of my band and about 6 members of YB2k macdonalds was bril though!! :)

wilky

im sure we would all like to congratulate rachael pavey from stockport schools who was awarded the best cornet player of the day. an excellent prospect for the future!!

wilky

sure is matey, ive been watching all your discussions from a far but thought i would stick my bit in when necessary

leisa

wilky said:
im sure we would all like to congratulate rachael pavey from stockport schools who was awarded the best cornet player of the day. an excellent prospect for the future!!

yey!!! well dun pavey!!

Dolly

leisa said:
wilky said:

yey!!! well dun pavey!!

Im sure we'd like to congratulate ALL the players who were awarded individual awards on the day.

leisa

Dolly said:
leisa said:
wilky said:

yey!!! well dun pavey!!

Im sure we'd like to congratulate ALL the players who were awarded individual awards on the day.

yes, congratulations to them all although a special congratulations to pavey as she plays in the same band as me!

Aidan

wilky said:
sure is matey, ive been watching all your discussions from a far but thought i would stick my bit in when necessary
all good :) hope you're keepin well mate

Dolly

leisa said:
Dolly said:
leisa said:
wilky said:

yey!!! well dun pavey!!

yes, congratulations to them all although a special congratulations to pavey as she plays in the same band as me!

Well if were on special congratulations like that, then special congratulations to Lizi for retaining her best horn prize and another special congratualtions to Debbie and the trombone section for their best trombone award, as they play in the same band as me.

Product tMP members are discussing