Ted Samways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine Wade

It is with much sadness that I report the passing of Ted Samways. Ted had a fall on Tuesday and broke his hip. He was recovering from the operation but died suddenly in hospital on Saturday 27th February.

Ted was Life Vice-President of the East Anglian Brass Band Association. He served the Association for many years including holding the positions of Vice Chairman and Contest Controller. I will not forget the support Ted has given me in my role as Chairman of the East Anglian Brass Band Association or the assistance he gave me the first time I acted as Contest Controller following the sudden death of my father, the late Brian Hastings.

Ted will also be remembered by the bands and players of East Anglia as a euphonium player and conductor.

Our thoughts are with Ted's wife Jean and family at this sad time.

Christine Wade
Chairman
East Anglian Brass Band Association

U

Unregistered

I first met Ted nearly 30 years ago. Ted encouraged me on becoming more involved with the East Anglian Brass Band Association and I had the privelege of working with him on the EABBA committee for several years. He will be greatly missed by us all.

My thoughts are with Jean and family.

Stephen Wade

Treasurer

angei

Such very sad news. It will be strange not seeing Ted at our rehearsals on a Tuesday evening anymore. A lovely man who will be sadly missed. x

U

Unregistered

As Secretary of the East Anglian Brass Band Association I have worked with Ted for many years. I will miss his friendship, experience and wisdom. Ted and my late husband Brian were good friends and the support Ted gave me when Brian died and the support he continued to give me will be much missed.

The Association has lost a true friend.

Dianne Hastings

Secretary

Christine Wade

The funeral service for Ted Samways will take place at The Salvation Army Citadel, St Giles, Norwich on Thursday 11th March at 11.45am, followed by committal at Earlham Crematorium. Flowers or donations if preferred, made payable to East Anglian Air Ambulance, c/o Jerry March Funeral Services, 28 Holt Road, Horsford, NR10 3DD.

Christine Wade
Chairman

I remember meeting Ted for the first time in 1989 at my first ever brass band rehearsal (with Matthews). He was so supportive of the younger members and always had time to chat, even when I knew he was really busy at the EABBA contest.

Many find memories of Ted, not least his contest debut on Triangle for MNB at Pontins on 'Portsmouth Point'. He was a true gent and he will be sorely missed by everyone who had the pleasure to know him.

My best wishes to his family at this very sad time.

Maestro

As Robin said, Ted was a true gentleman who will be sorely missed.
Wishes to his family at this time.
RIP Ted

Tubby

I first met Ted circ. 1999 when I joined Matthews on BBb bass when Robin was on EEb, a lovely bloke and very encouraging to all and was also supportive at Salvation Army band events.

RIP Ted.

Status
Not open for further replies.