Task - another essay!

BB can now announce details of your latest task!

Seeing as the group is turning out to be such good essay writers, BB would like another one please!

Task description:

• Write a (minimum) 900 word essay on arachibutyrophobia.
Rules:

• Each housemate must write a minimum of 100 words - the order in which the housemates' contributions appear is up to you. However, the essay must only contain 9 paragraphs - a paragraph for each housemate.

The essay must be submitted in one post (to be posted by any housemate of your choice). This post must appear in a new thread titled 'Arachibutyrophobia - An Essay.'

In that post each paragraph should end with the name of the housemate who's written it. The housemates' usernames are not to be included in the word total for the paragraph and therefore, the essay as a whole.

If a housemate is unable to write a 100 word paragraph by the deadline, another housemate can do so on their behalf - however this is only allowed once - and that paragraph must be clearly labelled 'housemate on behalf of housemate' - replacing the words housemate with the relevant usernames.

The essay must make complete sense, and housemates must not repeat what other housemates have said previously.

The essay must contain the following words or phrases - 'deviance', 'french horn' and 'mezzo piano'.

The essay must not contain any spelling mistakes - the essay will be spell-checked.

The task must be completed by 11pm on Monday 21st June 2004 (to save confusion that's 11 in the evening ;) )

As this is a group task - the whole group will fail should any of the above rules be broken.
Good luck, BB looks forward to reading the essay.

Seedhouse

Boc Brother said:
The task must be completed by 11pm on Monday 21st May

Not being cheeky BB... just wanted to check that the deadline was for tomorrow rather than for next year?!

And another query... what happens if we repeat what others have said?

Seedhouse

Oh and another thing BB... (sorry to be a hassle! :oops: )
Can we have the edit button in this thread so we can make sure that there are no spelling mistakes!!!
I'd hate to have checked through my post to find that there someone else points out an error once i've posted it and can't change it... i'm sure other BB contestants would agree...!

Mr. Seedhouse, thanks for your messages. As a result, BB has now added another rule - thank you - any other rules you want us to include? ;)

And yes it's this year please - are you planning on staying in the BB house till 2005? If so, you might need to have a word with a mortgage advisor.

As for having the edit facility in this thread - why would you want that? I suggest you re-read the rules.

Thanks,

BB.

2nd man down

Staff member
Right housemates, it’s like this… we’re backed into a corner but we’re gonna do this one ok??!?
That topic our evil landlord has chosen is a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth (just search for it on google!!) as a topic.
If you like I’ll volunteer to be the one who posts our answer, just search the topic, read what has been written about it and send me your paragraph by pm (as early as you can) so that I have time to sort through it and post our winning response.
Try not to cut and paste a paragraph, he’ll be expecting that, read it, and send me it in your own words, and try not to pick the first paragraph of the file you read, try to pick something about the topic that you think no-one else will pick up on.
If you send it early enough hopefully I’ll have time to sort through it and make sure there’s no repetition.
Good Luck…I think we’re gonna need quite a bit of that!!!
:?

Seedhouse

I thought we had to each just write an 100 word post, or do we just have to collaborate our findings into one long post like you said!? :?
Remember that you will have to clarify who wrote what!
I've got 2 hrs 45 mins to do mine in school, so i'll PM it to you 2md. Please clarify you've got it!

2nd man down

Staff member
Everyones 100 words have to basically follow on from each others with no repetition so we have to collaborate or suffer death by task overload!!

WhatSharp?

Hey BB the timings pretty hard! Some of us have jobs to do you know! which only gives us the evening, and if we happen to be out at practice (or in my & HBB's case a committee meeting) it basically means we've got our lunch hour to do the task!.

Doesn't matter anyway cause I've sent my bit off, but I still think it's a bit tough timing wise!

2nd man down

Staff member
WhatSharp? said:
Hey BB the timings pretty hard! Some of us have jobs to do you know! which only gives us the evening, and if we happen to be out at practice (or in my & HBB's case a committee meeting) it basically means we've got our lunch hour to do the task!.

Doesn't matter anyway cause I've sent my bit off, but I still think it's a bit tough timing wise!

YEAH!!! :evil:

Seedhouse

It also hasn't given much time for some people who don't come on as regularly as others... :? I'm not sure if some of the other housemates know about the task.
I've done my bit though, so I can breeeeeeeath! *phew* :roll:

super_sop

Supporting Member
2nd man down said:
WhatSharp? said:

YEAH!!! :evil:
and there is footy on telly tonight.
bit tite iff you ask me BB

PeterBale

Staff member
super_sop said:
. . . and you'll want to see how Owen & Gerrard get on for their 2nd team, won't you :?: :wink: :lol:

2nd man down

Staff member
PeterBale said:
super_sop said:
. . . and you'll want to see how Owen & Gerrard get on for their 2nd team, won't you :?: :wink: :lol:

There's a nasty streak in these mods that I'm not so sure I like...NeilTwist, don't be seduced by the darkside for goodness sake!! Use the Force!!

Ok - seeing as a few have asked for the deadline to be extended, and to show that BB actually does listen to housemates, and also to prove how fair BB is, the deadline for this task has now been extended by a full 2 and a half hours to 1.30am tomorrow morning (that's tomorrow morning - Tuesday morning! ;) )

If the full essay isn't posted by then, and all the rules aren't adhered to (including the one Mr. Seedhouse asked to be included), then the whole group will fail.

Thanks,

the always kind and considerate BB.

PS. Don't forget, it's nominations time tomorrow! ;)

2nd man down

Staff member
Oh geeze, thank you BPC Bro, you're all heart!!! :roll:

er...hang on a minute...just exactly what rule has been included as a result of Seedhouse's post?? Care with Spelling was already a rule surely??

2nd man down said:
Oh geeze, thank you BPC Bro, you're all heart!!! :roll:
You're welcome.

2nd man down said:
er...hang on a minute...just exactly what rule has been included as a result of Seedhouse's post?? Care with Spelling was already a rule surely??
This one:
BOC Brother said:
The essay must make complete sense, and housemates must not repeat what other housemates have said previously.
Is there another rule you had in mind? Feel free to post it here - we still have time to insert it.

Thanks,

BB.

2nd man down

Staff member
You're not winning any friends here, you do know that don't you?

I don't suppose if I begged you from the very pit of my soul that we could extend the deadline till noon tomorrow??...I fear others may not be able to log on today for whatever reason. I'm now appealing to your innermost good nature.!!