Tameside 2010

Andy_Euph

just looked at the line up....where is eccles borough? you not going now?

I don't know mate, I don't play for Eccles :), but funnily enouh though they haven't done any contests apart from the area as far as i'm aware. I'm actually looking forward to next weekend, no pressure as we'll be expected to come low down so hopefully the band will be relaxed and play well.

I don't know mate, I don't play for Eccles :), but funnily enouh though they haven't done any contests apart from the area as far as i'm aware. I'm actually looking forward to next weekend, no pressure as we'll be expected to come low down so hopefully the band will be relaxed and play well.

sorry pal, thought you played with eccles borough. who you there with then? wish we were as relaxed as you guys. not had a FULL rehearsal for ages. think we have one on saturday i hope!!!! :?:

just looked at the line up....where is eccles borough? you not going now?

Eccles aren't going. Many of the band thought we did a bit too much on contesting in the latter half of last year with the National Finals and Pontins really taking up a lot of time.

We have spent the first few months of this year settling down with our new MD and making sure we were in a position to do the areas.

We're leaving any contesting now till the later half of the year and preparing for our summer programme.

We've not gone anywhere though and will be back at the local contests in the Autumn I guess.

Andy_Euph

sorry pal, thought you played with eccles borough. who you there with then? wish we were as relaxed as you guys. not had a FULL rehearsal for ages. think we have one on saturday i hope!!!! :?:

I play euph with Blackley, we've not had the best of times since we've been in the 3rd section but we've not played too bad either. Fingers crossed the band can just put in a decent performance. As for being relaxed I can't speak for the rest of the band but i'll be almost horizontal :biggrin:

To Andy Euph.
Do not worry you will be as good as ever.
You always are.

Lol cheers (have a listen on sunday you might think differently!)

Di

how come thers no perdictions list up for this contest????????? need to catch up, lol

Sorry, was concentrating on getting all the regionals and Scottish championships in, and didn't notice the list notice the list of contenders until it was a little late to start up. :(

Andy_Euph

4th Section:
1st - Darwen
2nd - Besses Boys
3rd - Boarshurst

3rd Section:
1st - Thorntons
2nd - York Railway
3rd - Farnworth
6th - Blackley

Well done to the winners. We played miles better than Blackpool so pretty pleased, just a shame to come bottom of the pile but someone has to! :)

Modconnect

I Listened to most of the 4th section today and thought the standard was very good! I have to say well done to the top three bands, but there was a youth band there called Dobcross who I thought were a fantastic! Did anyone else hear them?

Must say I had Boarshurst to win IMOP

tromwinst

Thank you for you kind words, the band is very young, our youngest player is 9 and our eldest is 18. They have all worked so hard over the last 3 months as well as all the jobs we have had.

They came 4th at the youth contest at Tameside and also won the flugal soloist prize, we then came 6th at the area which compared to last year when the band came last was a fantastic result for the band.
I took over in June of last year and I'm really enjoying it here, all the parents, kids and committee are very supportive.

They are sounding well and its nice to work with a group that want to do well and succeed. Lets hope we continue to do well.

Thanks again,

James Garlick
MD Dobcross Youth Band
www.dobcrossyouthband.org.uk