SWBBA Torquay 2007

IanHeard

The line up for next weeks SWBBA Contest @ Torquay, courtesy of 4BR.

Open Section:
1. Bodmin Town (Huw Williams) (1st)
2. Forest of Dean Brass (Jackie Gwynne) (1st)
3. Lympstone South West Telecoms (Charlie Fleming) (1st)
4. Milton Keynes Brass (Broseley) (Paul Fensom) (1st)
5. Poole Borough (Phil Randell) (Ch)
6. Sherborne Town (Paul Cosh) (Ch)
7. St Austell Town (Dr Roy Newsome) (Ch)
8. St Dennis (Brian Minear) (1st)
9. St Keverne (Stuart Chappell) (1st)

Second Section:
1. Bristol East & Kingswood (Jonathan Griffin)
2. Chichester City (John Williams)
3. Michelmersh Silver (Lawrence Butchart)
4. Phoenix Brass (Crewkerne) (Paul Slator)
5. Soundhouse Brass (Gary Pumford)
6. South Molton Town (Terry Treherne)
7. St Stythians (Derek Johnston)
8. Torbay Brass (Barry Cole)

Third Section:
1. Bugle (David Pope)
2. Heyl Town (Derek Johnston)
3. Pillowell Silver (Paul Uzzell)
4. Totnes (Ian Wilkinson)
5. Weston Brass (Joanne Sykes)

Fourth Section:
1. Hatherleigh Silver (Adrian Edwards)
2. Indian Queens (Lionel Boundy)
3. Okehampton Excelsior Silver (Des Law)
4. Pendennis Silver (Falmouth) (Steve Thomas)
5. Redruth Town (N Johns)
6. Sidmouth Town (Adrian Harvey)

Youth Section:
1. Mount Charles Youth (Simon Dobson)
2. St Dennis Youth (Brian Minear)

Junior/Training Section:
1. Double TT Brass Totnes (Ian Wilikinson)
2. Shirland Youth (Marie Smith)
3. St Keverne Youth 2007 (Gareth Churcher)

tam-tam2

As a fairly newcomer to the area I was suprised at the following!! (Also taken from 4barsrest website...)

"The Championships are unique in the brass band movement, as no monetary awards have ever been made to the winning bands, and the Association is extremely proud that its member bands continue to show such loyalty to their Association"

Im well gutted that Camborne youth are not going! LOVE this contest best time to meet up with people from other bands! Hope all goes well for everybody up there!

Matt

meandmycornet

9 bands in the Open! How ridiculous! They'res normally only about 3! We're going to get drawn last and end up playing at midnight or something! Have been to SWBBA for a couple of years, but it's always a fab day out and i'm reeeeeeeeeeeallly looking forward to my first ever contest with Lympstone! 3 Rehearsals left and counting! :tongue:

meandmycornet

PS: Kelly are you going to come to Torquay for a nice day out? Me and Liz are planning on attempting to travel by train.... eek! :tongue:

MissRepiano

You traitor Fi!!!!! I'm looking forward to it too! Good luck to all the bands, you can all by me drinks if you see me! hee hee.....

Liz Courts

Woo! How exciting, it's Torquay in just over a week!

I'll be there playing with Lympstone of course...and supporting St Stythians in the second section...and St Austell in the open section - but only a little bit (don't want to support the rivals too much!). :biggrin:

jim

if only it wasn't the same weekend as pontins I would be there bit gutteed but I really wanna pop down next year.

sugarandspice

PS: Kelly are you going to come to Torquay for a nice day out? Me and Liz are planning on attempting to travel by train.... eek! :tongue:

'fraid not, I'm off to pontins with The Emley.......Oh dear i feel so northern! Saying that i might not even be going to pontins if i don't get through the mountain of planning i have to do!
Good luck to all the cornish bands- I would love to see Pendennis win again! :)

SoundASS?? HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meandmycornet

You traitor Fi!!!!! I'm looking forward to it too! Good luck to all the bands, you can all by me drinks if you see me! hee hee.....

But of course I shall be supporting South Molton my favourite North Devon band.... and their brand new front row cornet player! :D See you on Saturday Nic! :D

PS: Why not take 'magic' water? Much cheaper than buying drinks.... even though a pint of coke is about a fiver in the riviera centre!

We might not even get chance to drink, depends on our draw .... I have everything crossed that we don't get last draw!

meandmycornet

2 Rehearsals left and counting! It's going to be a good (and extremely long!) day i'm sure!

Shall we start predicting what time the results will be? :tongue:

Tuba Dave

I think im right in saying that Chichester are one of the bands in the 2nd section to have withdraw!
I'm playing with Pillowell again this year. at least its not going to be a 4AM start like it was last time!!!

winner predictions
open........ St Austell
2nd.......... Soundhouse
3rd........... Hayle Town
4th........... Pendennis
Yth........... Dunno. v.v, good yth bands
jnr............ St Keverne

what do you all think ??????