Sunday Evening Brass

Hornted

The Sunday evening series of concerts at Newstead Welfare promoted by Newstead Band are coming to a close this weekend with the Hopkinsons Solicitors Blidworth Welfare Band. This week being the last week a light-hearted presentations will be made to the most entertaining band of the series and also the best soloist award.

The concert is on Sunday 23rd May starting at 8 pm. All welcome.

Following discussions with the Welfare we are planning a further series of concerts at the Nottinghamshire Band Club Venue (Newstead Welfare) in the autumn and any bands interesting in taking part please contact me. I am sure that the bands who have taken part in the current series have found the concerts profitable and entertaining for all.

Melanie Cooper
Newstead

satchmo shaz

yes I agree, Long Eaton had a "hoot" last Sunday, we enjoyed ourselves ,had a good crowd there , had a beer :guiness and people even laughed at my jokes! :wink:

Bones

satchmo shaz said:
yes I agree, Long Eaton had a "hoot" last Sunday, we enjoyed ourselves ,had a good crowd there , had a beer :guiness and people even laughed at my jokes! :wink:

Sorry Shaz, I was there, no one laughed at your jokes.

Serious point, here is a series of concerts that have been put together by the hard work of Melanie Cooper and the Newstead Band, and all who have taken part have had a great time.

Please support it next time, cos its a great opportunity to see these bands play out in front of their local audiences.

Cheers

Rich