Sunday Bandstand weekly brass band programme 19 August 2018

ChrisHelme

Hello Brass Banders

Some great news this week. Sunday Bandstand is now on the air with Brass Band Radio. This is an internet station based in Haxby, near York in North Yorkshire www.brassbandradio.co.uk David Beal (shown in this photograph) the owner of the station made the approach and I was only too pleased that another station and this is the fourteenth in the UK and overseas that now plays my weekly show.

The show this week has bands from Belgium, Switzerland, USA, Singapore and of course some terrific home grown bands from here in the UK. There are some terrific soloists with one recording dating back to 1959.

Don't forget if you have a request or a question about the world of brass bands you can always contact me by email: bandstand@chrishelme.org.uk or through my website www.chrishelme-brighouse.org.uk

Brass Band Radio and internet radio station is based in Haxby, near York, in North Yorkshire and is run as a not for profit organisation and proceeds from advertising etc. is reinvested back into the website and its output.

The owner David Beal seen in this photograph has invited Sunday Bandstand to have a weekly show played on his internet radio station.

Sunday Bandstand gladly accepted the invitation and the first test running of the show was tried today (August 19, 2018). Having sorted out a few teething problems the show goes on next week and will be played at 2pm (UK time) for two hours every Sunday. The show can be heard on www.brassbandradio.co.uk and I would recommend having a look at this website as there is a lot more on offer.

Sunday Bandstand is now played on nine community stations here in the UK and five overseas stations (Australia, New Zealand, Cyprus, France and Italy). The programme is now a truly global show.

Playlist 19 August 2018
Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Opening for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010
Centenary March - Gilbert Vinter Williams Fairey Engineering Band MD: Major Peter Parkes - 1993
Light Cavalry - Franz von Suppe arr: John A. Greenwood Sellers International Band MD: Major Peter Parkes - 1999
Kyrie - Paolo Rustichelli arr: Luc Vertommen Soprano Cornet Soloist Peter Robert with the Brass Band Buizingen (Belgium) MD: Luc Vertommen - 2004
The Gael - Dougie Maclean arr: Andrew Duncan Lindley Band MD: Neil Jowett - 2002
Victory from Cry of Celts - Ronan Hardiman arr: Peter Graham Ensemble de Cuivres Valaisan (Switzerland) MD: Christophe Jeanbourquin - 2000
Long Long Ago - Stanley Boddington Euphonium Soloist Bert Sullivan with the Munn and Felton's (Footwear) Band MD: Stanley Boddington - 1959
Waltz from Memories of Schubert - arr: Eric Ball The Cambridge Band MD: David Read - 1980
The Boulevardier -Ernest Frederic Curzon arr: Frank Wright Fairey Band MD: Kenneth Dennison - 1969
Slavonic Dance No. 8 - Antonin Dvorak arr: Ronald Hanmer Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band MD: David James - 1980
A Song for the Sea - Tom Davoren Trombone Soloist Brett Baker with the Filton Concert Brass MD: Tom Davoren - 2018
Valero - James Swearington arr: Sandy smith Household Troops Band BM: Carl Saunders - 2018
It Don't Mean a Thing - Duke Ellington Trumpet Soloist Marvin Stamm with the Brass Band of Battle Creek (USA) MD: Geoff Tyzik - 1994
Themes from Symphony No. 5 - Beethoven arr: Denis Wright CWS (Manchester) Band MD: Alex Mortimer - 1969
Ignition - Dr. Kelly Tang Lion City Brass Band (Singapore) MD: Ignatius Wang - 2016
Abu Hassan - Carl Maria Von Weber arr: Howard Lorriman British Army Band MD: Bandmaster (WO1) Chris King - 2008
March: The Torchbearers – Eric Ball Filton Concert Brass MD: Tom Davoren - 2018
The Music Of The Night - Andrew Lloyd Webber arr: William Himes Vocalist Jason McCann with the Sellers International Band MD: Philip McCann - 2004
A Short ride in a Brass Machine - Andrew Baker Tongwynlais Temperance Band MD: Philip Harper - 2010
Concerto for Cornet - Denis Wright Cornet Soloist Robert Venables with the Brighouse and Rastrick Band MD: David Hirst - 1995
I Got Rhythm - George Gershwin arr: Cortner Trumpets Danny Barber, John Daniel, Vince DiMartino, Marvin Stamm with the Brass Band of Battle Creek (USA) MD: Geoff Tyzik - 1994
Beautiful Gardens March - (Schoenfeld March Op. 442) - Carl Michael Ziehrer arr: Ray Woodfield Royal Doulton Band MD: Ted Gray - 1991
Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Closing for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010

Enjoy the show

Chris