SUN footie headlines and Blind Ref poll

How blind was that Swiss geaser reffing the Eng/Por match?

• Total voters

nethers

During a bit of a lull when England were playing last week, me and my mate (Matt Stimpson - see 'Greatest Horn Player' topic) had some fun coming up with headlines for the following day's tabloids. It's become a bit silly now, with texts flying between here and Madrid (where he's on hol now) showing off our newest creations.

Here are the rules -
headline must be appropriate to the match
England must have three syllables (see below)

Some of the least-worst ones:

"A Waynedufully Lamp-tastic 4 Scholes to 2 Roosult for En-ger-land!!" - "A wonderfully fantastic 4 goals to 2 result for England"

"Germans Czech-Kraut!!!" - "Germans Check-Out"

Can anyone come up with better ones? Any referring to Co-ops 5-A-Side Tournament (more specifically, Co-ops performance in said tournament) will probably make me cry. Be nice.

nethers

"Underdogs Turn-Up The Heat And Czech Out The Bacon"?

"Becks Blaims Rebecca For Loos-ing Performance"

It would be fun to come with some banding headlines too! Would be nice and easy with YBS, sure there're plenty of places to insert a "King!". Perhaps not suitable for a family forum though... :lol:

Dave Payn

nethers said:
"Underdogs Turn-Up The Heat And Czech Out The Bacon"?

"Becks Blaims Rebecca For Loos-ing Performance"

It would be fun to come with some banding headlines too! Would be nice and easy with YBS, sure there're plenty of places to insert a "King!". Perhaps not suitable for a family forum though... :lol:
'UFO' spotted in Arizona is ball from Beckham's penalty kick.

PeterBale

Staff member
Dave Payn said:
'UFO' spotted in Arizona is ball from Beckham's penalty kick.
I had an email come through with a picture of an astronaut floating in space: as you watch, a ball comes past, with the spaceman saying "Oy! Watch it Beckham!"

(I would have posted it on here but my computer won't pick up attachments at the moment :oops: )