Suggestion: Merge categories into one and create new a one..

Which option to do next....

• Merge the two Recruitment categories AND add the new "User Reviews" one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't merge the two Recruitment categories but add the new "User Reviews" one

• Do nothing - keep theMouthPiece.com as is!!!

• Other... (please state what 'other' means in your post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hi All

Now that we have a growing number of registered users I wanted to run this suggestion past you all in the first instance to get your opinions.

I have received several suggestions for new categories on the main theMouthPiece.com page recently, namely: Instruments, Areas/Regions etc - however, what I don't want is to generate any confusion as to 'where to post' etc. and I feel that by increasing the number of forums/categories to accommodate these suggestions wouldn't be beneficial at this time - I mean no offence to the suggestees and I hope you all see my point of view.

There is one area where I feel an immediate improvement could be made and what I propose is to merge the The Recruitment Corner for ..."Players Wanted" and The Recruitment Corner for ..."Musical Directors Wanted" categories into a new category called The Recruitment Corner for Players and Musical Directors

This would free up some space on the main page for a new category called "theMouthPiece.com User Reviews" - (or something similar) where members of theMouthPiece.com post constructive & informative reviews of Instruments, New Music, Recordings etc.

So before I do this can you let me have your opinions please and I'll take it form there....

Ta

John

Keppler

Staff member
I'd go for that John..

I'd also make a suggestion for merging the two "commercial" categories - namely the "buy & sell" and the "trade stands"
I'm not saying there isn't a place for them, but they seem to be less commonly viewed than the rest.

Also, not sure what your software permits, but it might be possible to divide up category "groups" the way you have the two "admin" categories divided from the rest? This would help the forum from appearing too congested.

My 2c

PS Only suggesting cos it's working well ;)

dyl

Aye, go for it! I think it's good that you actually ask the users' opinions before doing things like this, other forums I visit seem to change/move/merge/create categories like Tesco's and the like move their produce around! ;)

Straightmute

My tuppence: I love the format and appreciate the hands-on management. I personally wouldn't like to see seperate compartments for regions and/or instruments since part of the fun is finding out about things I wouldn't normally read.

I may be in a minority of one but I'd stay well clear of chat. It only seems to encourage people - myself included - to write without thinking.

David

WhatSharp?

Hows about a who's who category?, or a list of who plays what with whom (takes the stress off the "What Band Do You Play For" topic.

davidsait

WhatSharp? said:
Hows about a who's who category?, or a list of who plays what with whom (takes the stress off the "What Band Do You Play For" topic.
Surely people can put that in their profile?

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
OK folks, many thanks for your comments/feedback. Looks like a clear winner then :D - I will close the poll, lock the thread and do the Mod/change this coming weekend.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.