Subscriptions: Is anyone NOT receiving theirs...?

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Can I ask if anyone is not receiving the subscription notifications from tMP as they should please? I have had a report of this not working as it should be, and I am trying to establish if this is local or sitewide.

Thanks...

NeilW

I'm not getting them either.

Have also tried the recipe that worked last time I stopped getting them: changing my email address, and that didn't help.

Neil.

mikelyons

Supporting Member
Have we any news on this yet, John? I can still only receive forum subs, not thread subs and I only get 7 of those, even though I have subscribed to more. It is very frustrating.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
I am at a loss here Mike to be totally honest. I receive all those I am subscribed to. I have asked on the support ticket system if there might be any other reason as to why certain users are not receiving them, and they advise that apart from SPAM killer software or blockers, there is no reason why this should not be working fine.

I am happy to get them to check again.

mikelyons

Supporting Member
I just don't understand it, John.

before the upgrade, everything was working fine and I haven't installed any new software of that kind. Besides which, my spam software tells me when it intercepts spam. It's odd that I can receive the forum subs, but not the thread ones. And there's some kind of selection going on about them.

I'll have a word with ISP's help line and also change my email address - perhaps if I use my hotmail addres, that might work?

I'll give it a go and let you know.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Charmed said:
Probably a daft question, but what's subscriptions on tmp?
It's when you are automatically notified of any replies to threads you choose to be notified of. If subscribed, you should recieve an email with noptification that there has been a reply since your last visit, the email will also contain a URL to the specific thread subscribed to so you don't have to search for it.

brasscrest

Or, if you don't want to get a lot of emails, you can turn that feature off, and then just go to the User Control Panel, where you get a nice list of the threads that you have subscribed to that have posts you haven't read. I use it this way, and, as Mr. Lyons said, it's very useful.

brasscrest

I'm old enough to have been in school when we had to address our teachers that way, so when I refer to you I have a tendency to revert . . .

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
This is really weird folks. I am stumped and will be asking the devs to look at this for me.

EDIT: just as a thought... can those who are not receiving their subscriptions please check that your tMP emails are not being blocked by any Spam Killer applications, and that if you are using MSN or Hotmail - that your inboxes are not full.