Strange Tastes

akwarose said:
hmm... i am startin to worry about u lot............... :roll:

so wot is a barm then??? and a stottie????
care to enlighten us uneducated southerners?????
They're called cobs in the Midlands!

Janet

Janet Watkins said:
akwarose said:
hmm... i am startin to worry about u lot............... :roll:

so wot is a barm then??? and a stottie????
care to enlighten us uneducated southerners?????
They're called cobs in the Midlands!

Janet
Yeah they are cobs!!! Good call Janet!
Breadcakes indeed...... :roll:

You haven't lived until you've had bovril - bovril on toast, bovril on pancakes and bovril sandwiches!

Odd thing is, I don't like the stuff as a drink!!!! :dunno

one_careful_owner

my own personal favourite has to be corned beef and vinegar butties. but you have to mush up the corned beef a bit of the vinegar just runs out onto the plate.

when no vinegar is available use salt & vinegar crisps.

also, i was getting into trouble for making a mince omlette the other day, isn't that a kind of normal thing? or at least not vomit-inducing...

trombelle

lol my mum used to make us apple sandwiches when we were kids, they were awful!!!

the best sandwich eva is cheese and salad cream!!!!

MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I dont know what some people have against marmite! Its the perfect spread for any sandwich! Best one has got to be Marmite, cheese and ham toastie......mmmmmmm I urge everyone to try it, Timbloke was a non believer and i converted him! :twisted:

P.S BREADCAKE

MoominDave

I had an inspiration the other day, though as yet have not had the chance to try it out - wouldn't garlic bread, spread thickly with peanut butter, and liberally showered with cayenne pepper, be such a fine thing?

Dave

2nd man down

Staff member
Anyone ever tried putting a bag of fish and chips in a bowl of Heinz tomato soup?? Aw Wow!!!

And It's a Breadcake or a teacake (And before any of you un-educated people start on about a teacake having currents in...THAT'S A CURRENT TEA CAKE!!)

Where I used to work in Rochdale when you wanted a chip buttie you had to ask for a chip muffin!! Now excuse me but as far as I'm concerned there's only one definition of "muffin" and it's the best passtime ever!!! (There a joke about a mule there somewhere!!) lol :roll:

dyl

In my tax-dodging days at Uni, I used to swear by fish finger, baked beans, ketchup and vinegar toasted sandwiches - haven't tried one in years though!

Accidental

Supporting Member
MoominDave said:
I had an inspiration the other day, though as yet have not had the chance to try it out - wouldn't garlic bread, spread thickly with peanut butter, and liberally showered with cayenne pepper, be such a fine thing?

Dave
sounds yummy, but you can you imagine what it would do to your breath?! :shock:

MoominDave

Accidental said:
MoominDave said:

Dave
sounds yummy, but you can you imagine what it would do to your breath?! :shock:
Good point - I'll leave it till after the area on Sunday - wouldn't want the Horn section to melt!

Dave