Steven Mead Springs...

catto09

fantastic springs! Love them. Got them through the post today, improved my accuracy on runs straight away. Improved my co-ordination surprisingly as well. Will recommend these to all my students!

hobgoblin

I still think for over 5k a throw for what is essentially a pretend tuba, Besson could spend £30 and fit these as standard to new euphs if they make such a difference.

euphymike

You need to change your repertoire, not your springs.

As an obnoxious and show off teenager in the early seventies I could easily rattle GC off! So much so that my last yorkshire band I went along to offered the position of 2nd Baritone! A blow to the ego but I took it anyway. (alas they had a great ex euph player as a conductor) Now after a thirty year break from bands I now struggle through variation 1 and half of var 2!!!! Still as a musician I've learned to live with disappointment!
I considering down grading to 'jeannie with the light brown hair'

BrianT

User retro-fitted enhancements to instruments...

Green marker pens are available that some golden-eared people (audiophiles) use to draw around the edges of their CDs in the belief that it makes them sound better.

Do you think such a pen would work on a brass instrument? Just draw a careful line following the bell-wire and hey-presto...:rolleyes:

agentorange

Why you selling them?

Whilst i like the theory of these, i've found that springs 1 & 2 are just a tad heavy for my liking. They're probably no heavier than the standard ones, but i've always preferred to use very light springs so i've gone back to my usual set up.

The meadsprings are very good, but just not right for me.

However, if Steve was to bring out a 'light' version, then i'd definitely buy them.