Steve Freckleton, Bass Trombone and Chairman of Langley Band

Is with great sadness that Langley Band announces the loss of a greatly respected and well loved bandsman.

Steve perfromed on bass trombone at the area contest for Langley Band today (06 March 2004).

After a fantastic performance, Steve then went on to assist Enderby Band whose Bass Trombone was unable to perform.

In the pub afterwards, Steve collapsed and was rushed to hospital following paramedic attention.

Very sadly, the medical staff were unable to help and Steve did not recover.

This has been a very emotional day for the band and Steve's many friends.

The Langley Band would like to dedicate their win at the Midlands area to Steve and our thoughts and best wishes are with his wife at this very sad time.

eckyboy

just read it on 4BR-condolencies to the family and friends and members of the band-not much more I can say-A very sad day

lynchie

That's terrible. I'm sure everyone's thoughts are with his family and friends at the moment.

I dont know what to say that is a big shock. I just want to pass on my sympathies and condolences to everyone involved with langley band and Steves friends and family.

MRSH

Supporting Member
Dreadful news.

Sincere condolences to family and friends.

Nothing more can be said.

Matthew (MRSH) and Elspeth (Aardvark)

Keppler

Staff member
As I've mentioned on the other thread, on behalf of the tMP team, I'd like to pass on our sympathies to family and friends, and all the Langly band.

Keppler

Heather

Condolences to the Langley Band and to Steves family and friends at this sad time.
From everyone at United Co op Band ( Crewe).

Moy

Was shocked to read the terrible news.
Sincer condolences to family, friends and Langley Band.
What a sad day.

Dave Euph

I was shocked when I read it on 4BR! How unfortunate, words cannot describe this tragedy. Obviously, our thoughts are with his family and friends on this terrible turn of events.

Was stunned to hear the awful news earlier.

The thoughts of everone at Shirley are with Steve's family and all his friends in Langley Band.

Our sincere condolences to his wife family and friends at this tragic event. He will be smiling down on his band at this time; but it is small comfort for those that are left.
It puts banding into perspective at moments like this.
All our love from the whole banding fraternity.

All in the movement

Frontman

Please pass on our sympathies and condolences to everyone involved with Langley Band and Steves family.

Though we never met, we are all friends in the banding movement.

Regards,

Dave Ashworth and all members of BMP Europe Goodshaw Band.

IanHeard

On behalf of Soundhouse Brass (Plymouth) may I express our sympathies to Steve`s family and Langley Band.
Ian Heard.
Devon.

Aidan

deepest condolences and sympathies to steve's family, the langley band and to all involved from all at ybs.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
I am so sorry to read this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this sad time. Please pass our condolences to Steve's family.

From everyone involved with theMouthPiece.com

John & the Team

Would just like to add my condolences to those already expressed, love and prayers to Steve's family and friends as well asLangley band

ploughboy

I'd just like to add my condolences on behalf of myself and Emley Brass Band, What shocking news, It makes me think when we thought the end of the world was coming last today, There is so much more.

Accidental

Supporting Member
So sad to hear the news. Deepest condolences to Steve's family and the band, you're all in our prayers tonight.

Alex & Nigel (fingers)

Boneman

Our thoughts go out to Steve's family, friends and the members of Langley Band.

From all at Jackfield Band.