Spring Festival 2009 pieces announced...

Naval Nick

Contest Music is one of my all time favourite pieces. I am looking forward to playing that very much. Excellent Choice, there are so many good piece that rarely get an outing, Bravo to the Music Committee I say.

hicks

Think I listened to too much Vinter during the 70's....never ever want to hear his stuff ever again....:(

I'd love to play this now I'm in a band that can actually do it justice. Listened to it many times, it's a fantastic piece. Pity we're in the Senior Cup.

KMJ Recordings

Supporting Member
Ha ha just without the pressure of the nasty solos! Its why I sit there! :)

That said its good to know the euph parts are the same.... They were quite different in Vienna nights.

AFAIC remember there aren't any solos - certainly not nasty ones - and it was my reason for sitting on that chair as well ;)

That all went horribly wrong when Revelation was written :hammer

Thirteen Ball

I just realised this has given us another thread where Ian Perks can lecture us all about how brilliant Vinter pieces are and how we should all play them every year! ;)

I shal have to reserve judgement on Spectrum because I've not played it - or I must confess, even heard it. Though my recent experiences of Vinter with Jimmy the chef at the areas and Variations on a ninth late on last year left me rather cold. However I've heard good things about spectrum so will endeavour to keep an open mind.

I'd still love to be playing contest music though. Will certainly be in for a listen to one or two performances.

MoominDave

Spectrum seemed pretty fun and fresh to me when I was 16; I suspect it might seem a bit more hackneyed 13 years on if we by some chance get an invite to the trophy next year.

Those of you who haven't yet disposed of your 1996 Regionals CD will find it on there as the 1st section piece...

Alyn James

Spectrum seemed pretty fun and fresh to me when I was 16; I suspect it might seem a bit more hackneyed 13 years on if we by some chance get an invite to the trophy next year.

Those of you who haven't yet disposed of your 1996 Regionals CD will find it on there as the 1st section piece...

I've got an LP from the early 70's of Stanshawe - Lyndon Baglin! OMG!!:clap:

NeilW

Likewise, you'll have a wax cylinder of it from the 1974 Regionals where it was used by the Championship section. Fond memories of that one :clap:

Bass Man

Some quality choices there! I hope we can get in to the Senior Trpohy this year, I think Spectrum is a fantastic piece, we are currently rehearsing it for the Durham League contest in a fortnight

jim

What great choices, Contest Music is brilliant I could listen to all three I reckon it will bring the crouds in.

I reckon there will be a few Principle cornet players on Contest Music having sleepless nights over that top C!

sop 1

What great choices, Contest Music is brilliant I could listen to all three I reckon it will bring the crouds in.

I reckon there will be a few Principle cornet players on Contest Music having sleepless nights over that top C!

its a C sharp i think jim! ;)

scotchgirl

Spectrum is totally fantastic in every way, and for those championship bands that think its gonna be easy - think again....I can think of loads of places in that piece where you can come unstuck.

Contest Music - just fab...that's all lol!

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.