Sport Relief - a new tMP Event?

Would you be prepared to March-A-Mile for charity?

• Total voters

timbloke

Just seen one of those ads on BBC with Gary Lineker about going the extra mile for Sport Releif, and it brought back happy memories of a freezing cold and foggy November night in Birmingham...

So here's the challange... who is up for a mile long march to raise a bit of money... a few massed bands, maybe even one at each of the main venues for the day, also a way of providing free entertainment for those people mad enough to try running the mile. :bounce

What do you think?

Details are on www.sportrelief.com the date is July 10th.

Di

Memories of a day a long, long time ago.

"Run the world". A six mile run, massive event started at Oadby, Leicester with folkes running or walking the 6 miles. The old City of Leicester Band did the full six miles playing. :roll: :D

Could just about manage one now. :?

Big Twigge

I may be lazy, but I think this smells like a good idea(and in the name of chari-ty!).....as long as you promise there's no running I'd come and play :D

geordiecolin

imthemaddude said:
For anyone who has done the Durham Miners Gala this would be a dodle - I'd be up for it if I was free.

And as for someone who has done Durham Miners Gala AND Barnsley Miners Demonstration.... they wouldn't even break sweat!!!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah I'd be up for that!

lynchie

I'm running this one, minus trombone, so unfortunately I wont be able to take part... someone split one for me eh! :wink:

dave jake

Unfortunatly July 10 th is the same day as the Durham Miners Gala
or I would have been up for it.I ll get my band to wear odd socks . what colours are they ? :?: :?: 8)

geordiecolin

geordiecolin said:
imthemaddude said:
For anyone who has done the Durham Miners Gala this would be a dodle - I'd be up for it if I was free.

And as for someone who has done Durham Miners Gala AND Barnsley Miners Demonstration.... they wouldn't even break sweat!!!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah I'd be up for that!

Actually on reflection I'm gonna be doing my own marathon march as its durham day... oh well.