Sponsers

Anonymous

Member
I once played for a band who were sponsored by Anusol anus cream. It was quite good at the time as i had a small spell of the old piles! very interesting band to play with!
 

jambo

Member
the best sponsorship for a band I have come accross is the chutney works band. There is a full history of the band for its beginins to present day. Its linked to the Ever Ready site. Great band great history great site. (The chutney works that is.) :bounce
 

cornetchap

Member
Up until recently Watford Band were the Hosier & Dickinson (Watford) Band having been sponsored by a local builders' merchant. Unfortunately that fell through and we are now looking for a sponsor(s).

Not sure if you're looking for a sponsor, but one thing to note is that sponsorship can include more than just financial assistance. I think, for Watford Band at least, that sponsorship in the form of a rehearsal venue and storage for library and instruments would be far more valuable. I'm sure there must be loads of underused space, the trick is finding it and then getting the owners to admit it's there and underused :)

Cheers, Greg.
 

davidsait

Member
We're sponsored by the Robins Well pub in Leamington Spa, part of the 'Scream' chain of pubs which is very popular with students - so it's an ideal match!
 

asteria

Member
jambo said:
the best sponsorship for a band I have come accross is the chutney works band. There is a full history of the band for its beginins to present day. Its linked to the Ever Ready site. Great band great history great site. (The chutney works that is.)
You must be pretty old to have played in that band! Hope you got a lifetimes supply of free chutney! :D

And no, before anyone asks (again), at BT band we do not get free mobile phones!
 

asteria

Member
PeterBale said:
But are you a broad band :?: :wink: :lol:
Funny you should ask that, but there was a semi-serious discussion not so long ago as to whether to change the band name to the BT Broad-band!! :shock:

Think the main reason it didn't was only something to do with that being a different department to our sponsors or something - ooh er!!
 

Lauradoll

Active Member
Helen V said:
[

And no, before anyone asks (again), at BT band we do not get free mobile phones!

Did you not get yours then? Oops maybe I've put my foot in it! Roll on Wednesday....................
 

geordiecolin

Active Member
I play for a sponsored band and we have to wear foul coloured uniforms as result.

Don't get any free money or a house though but I can tell people that I play for a Building Society Band in Yorkshire!! :wink: :lol:
 

Pythagoras

Active Member
geordiecolin said:
I play for a sponsored band and we have to wear foul coloured uniforms as result.

Don't get any free money or a house though but I can tell people that I play for a Building Society Band in Yorkshire!! :wink: :lol:
They really are one of the worst uniforms I've ever seen. Happy to say I play for a non sponsered band. We get money from playing job after job after job after job...
 
Top