Speed Camera Game

2nd man down

Staff member
Flipping heck. I got 11, but only because I thought some of them were so glaringly obvious that I did a bit of (incorrect as it happens) lateral thinking.

Darth_Tuba

Same here... when the second one says the guy isn't holding a speed gun I assumed the speed trap was elsewhere.

leisa

I got 9 out of 19 although a couple of them said i was wrong when i clcked in the right place!!.....ah well guess that explains the 3 points on my license!!

JessopSmythe

17 for me. The one that said the copper wasn't holding it was a bit misleading!

I think the glaringly obvious ones are there to draw your attention to the illegal methods the police use. How is parking a van in a bus stop helping to make the road safer?

Daisy Duck

I got 15 out of 19.

In general, I think we should all try and stick to the speed limits, but sometimes you see speed traps in places where they're clearly just trying to catch people out to raise some money through fines!

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Hmm 11/19 - pretty poor really.

Although I'm not a fan of badly placed speed cameras, I do have to wonder about some of those photos. Two in particular - the one where the van is parked well back from the road, looks a little photoshopped to me, and the last one I just cannot believe. How could you justify parking in the outside lane to set a speed trap? And more importatly why? The cameras are capable of picking up speeders in the outer lanes if they are positioned on the verge / hard shoulder, so why would the police force risk causing a huge and potentially fatal accident?

EDIT: Scratch that last comment about being parked in the outside lane - I've looked at it again and it looks like a foreign photo - so left hand drive...:oops: :rolleyes:

Jasper

10/19 - Grrrrrrrrr ..........guess that explains why i've got 6 pts ! (both for speeding via mobile cameras)

David Mann

In general, I think we should all try and stick to the speed limits, but sometimes you see speed traps in places where they're clearly just trying to catch people out to raise some money through fines!

I really try hard not to speed because:

• I was nearly on 9 points a few years ago and was sent on a speed awareness course
  • Saves petrol
  • Saves wear and tear on my (151000 miles and counting) car
  • I got fed up of paying £60

17 for me. Unfortunately I missed the one that mattered on the A1 last week and am waiting for the envelope through the letter box. Was so fed up following a dawdling lane hog that I took the first opportunity to race past him and then saw the copper with the hand held device. :frown:

2nd man down

Staff member
17 for me. Unfortunately I missed the one that mattered on the A1 last week and am waiting for the envelope through the letter box. Was so fed up following a dawdling lane hog that I took the first opportunity to race past him and then saw the copper with the hand held device. :frown:

All together now..."DOH!!"