'Spare' Back Row Cornet Player

ctm

I have played in the same band for 12 years (they are now Championship level) and now think I need to move on.
I play on the back row - 2nd or 3rd cornet.
Is there a progressive 2nd or 1st Section band that needs me?
I am based in North Yorkshire.

ekimmort

ctm said:
I have played in the same band for 12 years (they are now Championship level) and now think I need to move on.
I play on the back row - 2nd or 3rd cornet.
Is there a progressive 2nd or 1st Section band that needs me?
I am based in North Yorkshire.

That's a big slice of Gods Chosen County, can you give us a bit more of a clue

I'm not sure if you are only interested in back row seats, but Wetherby Silver Band are looking for a Solo Cornet if you fancy a bit more of the tune!

Although we're a West Yorkshire band, we are right on the border with North Yorkshire, and may indeed be closer than many North Yorkshire bands, depending on exactly where you are!!! Being right on the A1 makes it quick to access from a lot of locations...

See www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk for full details

Cheers
Kevin

ctm

It's a bit tricky 'coz telling you where I am will give me away and I don't want to upset anyone ...
How about - 'nearly West Yorkshire'

I'm not good enough for the front row - thanks Wetherby, but honestly I'm not!

2nd man down

Staff member
How about a progressive 4th (3rd section as of next January) Yorkshire band? We're national finalists this year and definitely heading in the right direction. Be a part of the continuing rise of The Emley. Front or back row seats available dependant on ability, we're very flexible in that resect.

pm me if at all interested.

Cheers :tup

East Riding of Yorkshire Band based in Hull would welcome you with open arms. We are currently 2nd Section in North of England. PM for more details.

MarkGillatt

Frickley South Elmsall are always pleased to accept new friends on any chair (even mine :D ). We have an ugly looking bunch on back row so as long as you're not a troll or Hobbit come along for a blow. We are 2nd section and going in the right direction under a young MD Dave (Valvecap) Nichols. Visit our website in my signature for directions.
Wherever you end up, hope you enjoy it and keep on um-chucking! lol:tup

2nd man down

Staff member
MarkGillatt said:
Frickley South Elmsall are always pleased to accept new friends on any chair (even mine :D ). We have an ugly looking bunch on back row so as long as you're not a troll or Hobbit come along for a blow. We are 2nd section and going in the right direction under a young MD Dave (Valvecap) Nichols. Visit our website in my signature for directions.
Wherever you end up, hope you enjoy it and keep on um-chucking! lol:tup

:clap::D Do trolls/hobbits and ugly people not get on or something? lol.

Class reply, well done! :D

MarkGillatt

No, Trolls and Hobbits tend to have a bit of a personal hygeine problem, our back row may be ugly, but they smell nice! :biggrin: Although one of the girls has particularly hairy toes I noticed in the summer!

agentorange

MarkGillatt said:
No, Trolls and Hobbits tend to have a bit of a personal hygeine problem, our back row may be ugly, but they smell nice! :biggrin: Although one of the girls has particularly hairy toes I noticed in the summer!

Nice to see that things haven't changed too much since i last saw you!!

Lna

Although Ripon City Band are a third section band we are desperately looking for confident, commited players to improve and progress. We have cornet seats available on the front row, rep and sop, and 2nd and 3rd cornet. We would wlcome you with open arms! We rehearse on Tue and Fri night, 7.30 til 9.30. Please visit our website, www.riponcityband.co.uk for more information and contact details.