Something to sort out the backrow.........

bennem

Would the backrow sound better or worse with one of these barking irons...........?

http://www.del.net/org/fort/cornet.jpg

Or

Do you give them to the front row to

a) "Cure" the backrow hangover on a Sunday morning rehearsal.......

Or

b) Preserve the already fragile mental state of the Baritone and Euphonium section........

Dave Payn

bennem said:
Would the backrow sound better or worse with one of these barking irons...........?

http://www.del.net/org/fort/cornet.jpg

Or

Do you give them to the front row to

a) "Cure" the backrow hangover on a Sunday morning rehearsal.......

Or

b) Preserve the already fragile mental state of the Baritone and Euphonium section........

How can we be sure that it's a brass musical instrument and not some early form of lavatorial u bend. In fact, is that what Robert Schramm put on his face in his avatar? ;-) ;-)

One of the aims in life as a backrow cornet is to play down the ears of the front row ;) - this is no use for that.

Useful for when you have the kitchen section behind you though.......

skweeky

maybe if you gave it to the conductor, instead of him telling each band member how to play he can simply play it on that and show the audience

brasscrest

Dave Payn said:
How can we be sure that it's a brass musical instrument and not some early form of lavatorial u bend. In fact, is that what Robert Schramm put on his face in his avatar? ;-) ;-)

Actually, it's a standard Bb cornet (in my avatar - as a former plumber, I can definitely state that the photo at the top of the thread is not a standard modern fixture :) ). Just a bit of confusion about where things should go . . .

(The photo in my avatar is actually of my father at about 10 years of age. After this incident, they took away his cornet privileges and banished him to the low brass section :wink: )

midwalesman

Forget different instruments...

I think the best way to sort out your backrow is 12 pints of Stella and an average to good lap dancer...mind the ones at La Salsa are reasonable!

Sellers_Bird

I disagree... give them the first page of Harrisons Dream after 12 pints of Stella... that will sort the men from the boys! eeek! :?

skweeky

give them ANYTHING after 12 pints of stella... that will sort the men from the boys.... the men will try to work out what it is and the boys will throw up into/onto it

IMHO the "back row" in many bands are the ones trying the hardest......often the least experienced players.

I exclude Sop and Rep here of course..........

skweeky

:wink: ill have you know i work my *bleep* off. straight from 3rd cornet to sop.... only been on sop for 13 months playing total of 2 years and im in a 2nd section band.... lol i work hard :lol:

Don't you tell them but:

We have an excellent back row. Our rep player used to play third man(lady in the looses sense of the word), second cornet played principal at the 2nd section area finals last year and top third played flugel at the finals- we're very lucky.
Back row is sooooooooooo important!

They can hide a multiple of sins on the front!

skweeky

well seeing that obviously you must be a very ignorant person as you think time is experience...... is it genitals! and what posts may these be that have been explained to you... sir?