• Yes Minister

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open All Hours

• TV? Witchcraft, the lot of it!

• Total voters

lynchie

Just watched the top 100 british sitcoms programme, and was wondering which of the top 10 you lot will be voting for?

Fawlty towers gets my vote personally, nothing ever beat it, and they quit while they were ahead... the sign of a true great!

The top 10 are

Fawlty Towers
The Vicar of Dibley
Porridge
Black Adder
Dads Army
One Foot in the Grave
The Good Life
Yes Minister
Open All Hours
Only Fools and Horses

Don't know so many british sitcoms, but I must say Fawlty Towers aswell.... But some american sitcoms like Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond and The King of Queens are also great, but not as good as Fawlty Towers....

Okiedokie of Oz

If I had to choose from that list, I'd say black adder, but otherwise NONE OF THEM!!!

Everyone is Australia loves the good US stuff. Will and Grace, That 70's Show, Everybody Loves Raymond and so forth

Difficult to call. Dad's Army, Vicar of Dibley, Only Fools and Horses oe Porridege, can't decide, but I don't think the Good Life should be in the top 10.

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
I was disappointed to see Red Dwarf not making it into the Top 10. And how did Vicar of Dibley and Yes Minister make it this high.

Anything with Ronnie Barker gets my vote though :)

Fishsta

Red Dwarf isn't funny though, and since it's "Sitcom", or "Situation Comedy", some kind of humour needs to be present.

Vicar of Dibley is class. Fawlty Towers a clear winner by a country mile in my eyes.

lynchie

I have to say i prefer red dwarf to the vicar of dibley... in fact i prefer quite a lot to the vicar of dibley, like the greatest religion-based sitcom ever Father Ted!

tewkeshorn said:
I was disappointed to see Red Dwarf not making it into the Top 10. And how did Vicar of Dibley and Yes Minister make it this high.

Anything with Ronnie Barker gets my vote though :)

Agreed - funniest prog for me.

From teh top 10 shown, guess its gotta be fools & horses

MRSH

Supporting Member
Only Fools & Horses would be my winner.

Followed closely by BlackAdder, Fawlty Towers and Vicar of Dibley in that order.

I must say, out of that top 10, the only one I wasn't too keen on was Dad's Army. But, hey, I did watch and grimace so it must have something I suppose.

Matt

Okiedokie of Oz

After Newlyweds and Mother and Son, Autralia gave up on sitcoms and started importing the Yank stuff, including the dodgey "Sitcom Star remakes himself in a similar role" crud. Australia sometimes does a good drama, and our soaps.....well, you guys have H&A and Neighbours.

I prefer some of the stupidity that comes out in US humour too, whereas Brit humour is too intellectual. YOu guys are just too smart for me!!! :wink:

ju33les

:shock:
Can't believe that everyone was in all night to watch the programme!
Caught the end of it after night out and saw the top 10 through one eye!
:lol:
Was surprised at the top 10! Vicar of Dib??? To quote Peter Kay...wot's that all about???
Blackadder, Fawlty and porridge get my vote!
Btw...Porridge is the most realistic TV programme about life behind bars! :D

ted

Okiedokie of Oz said:
If I had to choose from that list, I'd say black adder, but otherwise NONE OF THEM!!!

Everyone is Australia loves the good US stuff. Will and Grace, That 70's Show, Everybody Loves Raymond and so forth

That's not entirely true! Many Aussies prefer the UK comedies like

Big Train (love those staring competitions)
Red Dwarf
Coupling
Father Ted
The Office

Benny Hill is ALWAYS funny for young and old.

Ted