Sitcoms - Ones they should repeat

Andy_Euph

I found an old video the other day and it had Rab C Nesbitt on... how class is this programme, would love it if they put this back on BBC2.

It got me thinking that I would love to watch Bottom and the Young Ones too, ace programmes

So any that you would like to see out for a rerun?

bruceg

You just came up with 3 really good ones for starters. It's been ages since I saw Rab C in action. My favourite moment was when he was on holiday in Spain and came across his Spanish equivalent - watching them communicate through the international language of the incredibly inebriated had me in fits :D

I'd also like to see some of the early Likely Lads again (before Thelma became Bob's wife).

Maestro

I'd love to see a return of Love Thy Neighbour, but I don't think that will ever happen :cry:

Dave Payn

Wasn't exactly a sitcom but a spoof documentary, but those of you who remember The Last Resort with Jonathan Ross may remember a character played by Rowland Rivron called Dr Martin Scrote. Rivron starred in a follow up 'documentary' about Scrote and his five brothers (all played by Rivron one week after the other). The humour was occasionally very dark but it made me laugh (David Scrote - chief photographer for the Bexhill-on-Sea Times, gets an assignment to take pictures of a wedding. Church door opens at the end of the ceremony, out pops a coffin and pall-bearers. Scrote insists on taking wedding-esque photos of the funeral party - I suppose it's a visual thing! :oops: )

I wish Channel 4 would repeat that series (dating back to 1990) but they won't because of some alleged dispute Rivron had with Channel 4.

Cantonian

The Brittas Empire. Gordon Brittas has characteristics of so many people that I know and I suppose even some of my own. Brilliant :!:

rutty

Again not a sitcom, but I wish they'd show The Day Today again. Classic spoof news program, and the birth of Alan Partridge ;)

Dave Payn

rutty said:
Again not a sitcom, but I wish they'd show The Day Today again. Classic spoof news program, and the birth of Alan Partridge ;)

I have the videos! Brilliant stuff. The fight between John Major and the Queen was one of many, many highlights!

rutty

Dave Payn said:
rutty said:

I have the videos! Brilliant stuff. The fight between John Major and the Queen was one of many, many highlights!

Speak your brain! :lol:

I really should buy those.

nickjones

Tru Black Adder is great , I got them all on DVD for Chrimbo..Class!!!!!
you get them repeated on UK Gold all the time..
another one would be Red Dwarf....I mean Danny John Jules as the cat "Eiaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww" or as dwayne dibley " Guys I think we have a suspect" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Alice

The Office, although it's only just finished. Keeping up appearances is fantastic as is Black adder, Dad's Army and all the old stuff, they should show old last of the summer wine episodes too!

neiltwist

nickjbeaumarisband said:
Tru Black Adder is great , I got them all on DVD for Chrimbo..Class!!!!!
you get them repeated on UK Gold all the time..
another one would be Red Dwarf....I mean Danny John Jules as the cat "Eiaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww" or as dwayne dibley " Guys I think we have a suspect" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

doh, knew I'd forget one! have all the black adders, so really don't need them repeated! but waiting for the red dwarf ones to be released, got the first 4 series on dvd so far!

Brian Bowen

In the US there seems to be a fairly large audience for what PBS (Public Broadcasting Service - no advertizing in programmes) calls Britcoms. Many are repeated ad nauseum, e.g.
Are you being served?; Keeping up appearances; Waiting for God; As time goes by; May to December; The thin blue line; Yes, minister; Open all hours; 'ello, 'ello; Blackadder; Brittas Empire; etc.

It's sometimes a shock to see how some actors have aged in real life when you've been seeing them repeatedly on screen looking so much younger.

I almost know the scripts of some of these British shows as I don't care much for American sitcoms. However, M*a*s*h is in a class of its own.

Nigel Hall

Supporting Member
Tho' not a sitcom it's about time they showed repeats of The Mary Whitehouse Experience. True satire that didn't give a s***. I've just acquired nearly all of the Radio 1 shows and it keeps me laughing when stuck on the M25 (or as today in and around Camberley and the M3).

Dave Euph

Blackadder, Bottom, Young ones ... all class, but I'd actually like to see Coupling again (1st series), it always had me in fits of laughter.

Okiedokie of Oz

Coupling has just started on the comedy channel on Pay TV down here.
It's rubbish. And we get all the dad's Army/Are you Being Served/Steptoe and Son/Black Adder down here.

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Brian Bowen said:
In the US there seems to be a fairly large audience for what PBS (Public Broadcasting Service - no advertizing in programmes) calls Britcoms. Many are repeated ad nauseum, e.g.
Are you being served?

I do enjoy Are you being served :)