Sitcoms - Ones they should repeat

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
I was going to suggest The Fall and Rise Of Reginald Perrin but wasn't sure whether it passed as a proper sit com.

I have a little story about Reginald Perrin: Whilst at work, talking to a supplier for some random engineering bits I had the following conversation.

Ian: ...well thanks for your help.....I'll call with an order number...sorry what was your name?

Supplier: [no hint of sarcasm] Reggie Perrin.

**Ian nearly chokes on tea**

So not only was he stuck in a mundane sales job, but he had the name of the epitome of mundane sales reps!!

I think he was Reggie Perrin before "Reggie Perrin" (if you know what I mean) but I had to feel a bit sorry for the chap especially whenever I ring him my mate tends to say things like "I didn't get where I am today" very loudly!! :oops:

flugelgal

WoodenFlugel said:
especially whenever I ring him my mate tends to say things like "I didn't get where I am today" very loudly!! :oops:
Classic classic classic. I read the Reggie Perrin books before I saw it on TV. Soooo funny.

There are too many things that should be repeated - one of my favourites is The Good Life. Brilliant!

Product tMP members are discussing