Silverado theme (or anything else from it) Any good arr's?

GurCriSt

My band is looking for a good arrangement from the Silverado movie score. Please let me know if you know of a good arrangement and where to get it. We're a champ section band in Norway so hi tech arrangements are prefered :)

[edit] Almost forgot.. we're looking for a nice arrangement of Hymn to the Fallen by John Williams. It's from Saving pvt Ryan.[/edit]

PeterBale

Staff member
Re: Silverado theme (or anything else from it) Any good arr'

GurCriSt said:
Almost forgot.. we're looking for a nice arrangement of Hymn to the Fallen by John Williams. It's from Saving pvt Ryan.
There is a fine arrangement by Sandy Smith, played by Kirkintilloch Band on their cd Summon the Heroes. I don't know who the publisher is, I'm afraid.

flashbarry

HI

Darrol Barry has arranged the main theme from Silverado and it will be available from Wright and Round later this year. It is not an easy piece but Darrol has arranged it so a good third section band should be able to play it.

PeterBale

Staff member
I've checked the sleeve-notes for the cd, and it shows Hymn to the Fallen as being published by Sandstorm Music, but I don't believe they are functioning as such at present. You may find it is worth contacting Sandy Smith direct:

http://www.harrogate.co.uk/harrogate-band/indexlk4.htm

The internet link against his name is not very useful, but the phone number is there.

yorkie19

GurCriSt said:
[edit] Almost forgot.. we're looking for a nice arrangement of Hymn to the Fallen by John Williams. It's from Saving pvt Ryan.[/edit]
There is also an arrangement available through Obrasso that is arranged by Klaus van der Woude.

Sam

geordiecolin

yorkie19 said:
GurCriSt said:
There is also an arrangement available through Obrasso that is arranged by Klaus van der Woude.

Sam
and a damn good arrangement it is too!!

fantastic Eb Bass part, good piece for rememberance sunday

GurCriSt

Thanks for all your replies. Its nice to have a place like this where one can ask for help and get lots of replies in just a couple of days :)

nickcornock

GurCriSt said:
My band is looking for a good arrangement from the Silverado movie score. Please let me know if you know of a good arrangement and where to get it. We're a champ section band in Norway so hi tech arrangements are prefered :)

Gareth Green MD from Egham Brass has done an excellent arrangement of Silverado - if you want his contact details PM me