should England start with the same 11?

should England start with the same11

• Total voters

lynchie

andyp said:
I don't envy Sven deciding who to put in centre defence now, either, whatever he does it'll be wrong

very true, if King has a nightmare the press will ask why Terry wasn't brought back in when he was fit, and if Terry does get selected and screws up the press will say he should have stuck with King... I guess Sven just has to hope whoever he picks has an immaculate match!

Well Worth It

The thing is, King has already proved himself against (arguably) the best strikeforce in the competition.
Henry was as quiet as Owen during the match. How do you leave King out??

ScrapingtheBottom

I think he should pick Terry, just because we need to see if he or King should be first choice in the rest of this tournament. If England play well as a team then they should beat the swiss regardless of whether King or Terry are playing, both are quality players but Terry has the edge in experience which is always a bonus at this level.

Andy_Euph

Course they should. I thought the first 11 played really well, and just unfortunate errors that lost us the game. We had France frustrated and I personally thought we were the better team. :D

HAWAY THE LADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ted

I reckon Rooney is going to get a red card very soon. He lets out too much anger on the field, an experienced annoying defender will know how to tick him right off and force a reaction.

ted

ScrapingtheBottom

ted said:
I reckon Rooney is going to get a red card very soon. He lets out too much anger on the field, an experienced annoying defender will know how to tick him right off and force a reaction.

ted

I dunno. I think sven may have over-reacted.

super_sop

Supporting Member
ScrapingtheBottom said:
ted said:

ted

I dunno. I think sven may have over-reacted.
i think sven over reacted (and yes i am a huge Rooney fan).
if you look at some of the abusehe was taking he reacted really well.
at one point he had some frenchie pushin him and slpain him round the chops. did he react ? well he gave ahim back a bit of verball! but ive seen him react a lot worse than that for a lot less. i know at one point the ref went over to him and told him to calm down, after a rash challenge just after that, but what do you expet? the ref does nothing when hes being slaped around?
I may be looking at this through blue coloured specs being an Evertonian, but i was well pround of the performance that he put in, and to the way he reacted when provoked.
come on England, show em ow its done Rooney lad :!:

lynchie

he's young, i think after 2 or 3 games of being slapped about by sneaky european defenders he could crack and get himself in some real trouble... still, I'd pick him for every match, he just looked too dangerous to be left out!

WhatSharp?

Start with the same 11 but on no account let Hesky anywhere near the stadium let alone the pitch. everytime I see this bloke play for England he just seems to lumber round the pitch and make zero impact. Owen seem well out of it as well, possibly Vassell in there.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.