Shock big-name departures at Grimethorpe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritan

The rumour I heard was, That the reason KaKa turned down a move to Manchester City was due to interest from Grimey. Owing to the fact that Grimey will be playing in Europe this season.

Ted Bovis

I've heard that a great cornet player from timbukto has been offered £5 million to take the job and that 52 members of the band have resigned!!!!!!

Not quite as far fetched as some of the speculation on here!;)

Andy

Sopmaestro

Hi mate! Wasn't you was it??!? :S

Anyway, good job at the weekend. Was a pleasure! See you soon no doubt

Hi Arfon

No this is Chris please thank the band for making me feel so welcome again and well played yourself both nights ! I only logged on to dispel these rumours that seem to be going around.

I am sure that when Grimethorpe announce a new principle cornet 4 bars rest or the bandsmen will be the
place to read about it not in a speculative forum where words have seemingly come out of my mouth.

P.s is it really £25,000p.a. I heard it was more ;-)

JimboFB

Hi Arfon

No this is Chris please thank the band for making me feel so welcome again and well played yourself both nights ! I only logged on to dispel these rumours that seem to be going around.

I am sure that when Grimethorpe announce a new principle cornet 4 bars rest or the bandsmen will be the
place to read about it not in a speculative forum where words have seemingly come out of my mouth.

P.s is it really £25,000p.a. I heard it was more ;-)

So you would be taking a pay cut to join them then? ;)

brassbandmaestro

Well, 'tis true that we bandspeople do become rather speculative. This thread, has, IMO, run its course and be locked! We will probably never know the reason why the Trustees of Grimethorpe decided to act in this way. After all, in all honesty, it's none of our business, really.

The Wherryman

After all, in all honesty, it's none of our business, really.
I wouldn't say that. Grimey is part of the brass band movement. Something seems to have gone terribly wrong and there are probably lessons to be learned that would benefit other bands. As my granny used to say, "Learn by other people's mistakes, 'cos you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself".

Possibily not; it may be that RW felt that being part of a tribute to someone like Dave Barraclough was more important than his personal feelings toward the band management ... ?

I heard that it was not an 'official' Grimethorpe concert, although it has been on their website, and it was according to my source, primarily arranged by Roger.

ronnie_the_lizard

Hmmmm.... that Crowther (and possibly Timmins) ....... that certainly supports the Webster \ Shires original claim that others had offered their resignations in support.....

Status
Not open for further replies.