Scottish Open Test Piece?

sudcornet

Aahh, glasshoppers, you are close to enlightenment............(walks across rice paper without leaving a mark)

Sud.

Jordan

Hope it's ............

Played Harmony Music for the first time last night, thought it was an excellent piece, though i luv blitz aswell , but enigma is brill, something for everybody in that piece!! :D

Jordan (percussion)
The BTM Band

Jordan

i hope it's......

really wanna do blitz, great piece, just like all the bourgeouis stuff, the devil and the deep blue sea i wanna play in a contest, just missed out on it by a year when we did the nationals in 93, either that or enigma is great!!

Jordan
Btm Band
Percussion

alexandria

Scotish open piece

Im tired of waiting around to hear what the scot's open piece could be. :( Ive got an idea as to how we can find out sooner.....a representive from each band in the section should put their vote on here and then we'll know before the offical announcement will be made! he he he he...... :lol: :lol:

Think its going to be vairiations on an enigma.

Alex James
S.Wales

Borfeo

I think Mr Sutherlands hit the nail on the head on both counts, don't get your hopes up for Harmony Music Blitz or Enigma, it's all done and dusted bar the parping.

Incidentally, my band picked
1. Paganini 2. Blitz 3. Enigma 4. Harmony

Buchanan

The Scottish Open posters were on display at Troon yesterday announcing the test piece as Paganini Variations.

Jim Buchanan

Roger Thorne

Buchanan said:
The Scottish Open posters were on display at Troon yesterday announcing the test piece as Paganini Variations.

Jim Buchanan
Official announcement on 4BarsRest

Scottish Open announces test piece
Its an old favourite for inaugural Scottish Open

The forthcoming Scottish Open which will be held in Glasgow in a couple of months time have announced that the bands who will be taking part will have to tackle Philip Wilby's "Paganini Variations" as the set work for the contest.

So Nigel was correct with the first post of the thread!

sudcornet said:
My money's on Paganini V's and we didn't even suggest that.

Sud

:wink: