Scottish Area - 1st section

Moy

I am also looking forward to hearing our CD recording if they actually have done one.
Looking forward to listening once again to the falling percussion during our performance. Was it Clackmannan??????
We are not 100% sure if we will be relegated yet but we will just have to do a Newtongrange and sock it to them all next year.
All percussion stay well clear of our band though!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all at Newtongrange, not a good day from a johnstone point of view tho!

Motherwell as a venue and Johnstone band dont seem to work!

Thanks for the congrats Splitnote - missed the Johnstone performance so can't say much for the result .... but back to the grindstone as you say! Hope you fair better at the Senior Trophy.

Strange though I've only played at Motherwell twice at the Scottish and have a 3rd and 1st - think I might quit whilst I'm ahead!

splitnote

No we (Johnstone) will be playing in the first section next yr......just!

We are looking forward to getting a copy of our performance on cd to try and make sense of the result......

We have been where granite city are now and im sure you'll bounce back..... 1st section is a tough section, many bands around the same level.

lucylastic

don't think you will make much sense of the result splitnote , i heard your performance and thought you'd be in first 3 , but then i though that last year too ,but didnt think you deserved 8th , oh well we've all been there ,that's why we always come back for more lol

I must say that I have never experienced tension on stage like yesterday or relief like there was at the results. I just hope we can really kick on from here and mount a serious challenge at Harrogate.

lucylastic

It's not just being the best that matters , it's being the best and pulling it off , and you did just that , congratulations and good luck for harogate

I think Johstone was unlucky with the placing they got. I never heard them but my friend and husbansd sat through the whole first section and had you placed 3 or 4th, but I suppose that's banding.
GLad you are not dropping to the second section will give us a chance to climb out of it if we pull out all the stops, then again maybe not with Granite City there :cry:

Frambo

scottish area first section

Congratulations guys (and girls) never was going to be a problem was it !!!!! Seriously, well done, good to see the band back where it should be. Mr Foster and I are looking forward to a few sherbets with you and other "legends" of the past next Saturday night !

Dave Frame, Unison Kinneil.

JK57

Davie

I think you have misread the invite, it said Leg Ends from the past

John Keenan
Baritone
Nitten

BigD

I'm not going to talk about what happened when our band was playing since there's nothing that can be done about it now.

What happened? I know you said your not going to talk about it but the suspense is killing us!

Moy

BigD said:
I'm not going to talk about what happened when our band was playing since there's nothing that can be done about it now.

What happened? I know you said your not going to talk about it but the suspense is killing us!

I can tell you that as it was our band it happened to.
The band that were to play after us dropped some percussion equipment and sticks just at the end of var 5 and just before var 6. On the stage!!!!!!!!
Yes thats the quiet bit.......quiet it was not.
We had blown it anyway before that but it didn't help the rest of the performance you could say. :cry:

That would be not nice at all - it was hard enough on stage with no distractions.

I would also like to wish Granite City all the best for the next twelve months. It won't be easy but you can bounce back.

Moy

Pretty sure we will go down but one can never be sure what the SBBA have up their sleeves. Always rumours going round about changes they are thinking about.
Anyway whatever happens we will still be here ready to do battle...musically of course. :wink:

johnmartin

Moy, by my calculations both Granite City and Tayport are for the drop. Like you said though, that will be ratified by the SBBA executive at their next meeting. In reference to the tale you recounted earlier in this thread; did the adjudicators mention the offstage percussion in your crit. If they did then you probably have a good case to launch an appeal. SBBA have recently reviewed the rules for the appeals process and made a few changes.

Moy

I have been told that the dropping of equipment happened at least 3 times during the contest.The adjudicators surprisingly said nothing about it but I know it made a lot of the band lose their contentration.

Anyway it's in the past now and as Jamesie our MD says " Let's show them with our bell ends" and that's what we will do.

Ironically this is the strongest band we have had in years and are building very well. Fortunately it has not put the band off. We had an excellent turn out last night.

I know bad results can kill a band but not us.All it has done is make us more determined.

johnmartin

Moy said:
I know bad results can kill a band but not us.All it has done is make us more determined.
Moy, you didn't have a bad result. You finished seventh in a very strong section this year. As far as I'm concerned it's ridiculous that you're being demoted having not finished in the bottom two and especially in a section in which some bands did not even compete.

Moy

Thanks John those kind words they help.Looks as if it will be us for the drop.
We were 4th last year and felt we were going with a much stronger and better band this year. When we finished playing we knew we had not performed well enough to be in the top 2 but must admit were surprised we finished as low as we did.
Anyway as I said before thats life and lets get on with it.
Mind you it's been worse 'cause I am bogged down with a cold, have had it since last Friday. :cry:

What's the saying "Upward and Onward" well this time "Backward a bit then watch out folks" :wink:

Product tMP members are discussing