SCABA Autumn Contest Folkstone 2007

Already a full list of bands entering the contest?

Or a schedule for the weekend?

Not much information on the SCABA website! :-?

Bungle

Already a full list of bands entering the contest?

Or a schedule for the weekend?

Not much information on the SCABA website! :-?

2nd section draw is 12:00 on the Saturday. Your contest secretary should have received a letter with the timings. If you have not recieved a letter contact SCABA by the website, because there is now a postal stike in the UK.

Your day transfer is organised, so don't forget your sop.

Only joking :p but I am sure some other bands were thinking about it.

2nd section draw is 12:00 on the Saturday. Your contest secretary should have received a letter with the timings. If you have not recieved a letter contact SCABA by the website, because there is now a postal stike in the UK.

Your day transfer is organised, so don't forget your sop.

Only joking :p but I am sure some other bands were thinking about it.

I'm only conducting that weekend :clap:

Is there a complete set of percussion available? (tub.bells, 4 timps....):-?

MRSH

Supporting Member
Is there a complete set of percussion available? (tub.bells, 4 timps....):-?
Bert

The percussion equipment being provided is:

4 Timps (32", 30", 28" & 25") with seat
Tubular Bells
Tam-Tam
Vibraphone
Concert Bass Drum
Xylophone

Above items MUST be used if the score requires it. You won't be allowed to use your own stuff.

Sticks and Beaters are not provided

These items are provided but optional (i.e. you can use your own if you want to)

Clash Cymbals & Stand
Drum Kit (BD, SD, 3 Toms, Hi-Hat, 2 Crash, 1 Ride)
Glock & Stand

HTH

Cheers

Last edited:

Super Ph

I will be playing this, might see some of you in the bar beforehand for a quick bracer before the big solo (and that's just the hymn tune)

Bungle

Best of luck to all those taking part over the weekend. If you see me on Saturday say hello.

Sharon Mccallum will have a stand over the weekend, so if you have any instrument queries, especially trombone related ones, go and have a word.

Super Ph

I think that probably was the website he was referring to when he said
"not much information on the SCABA website"
and asked for a few basic details, like who is competing in the contest that starts tomorrow, that sort of thing.

Accidental

Supporting Member
If anyone who IS there tomorrow knows either baritone part for *********, please let me know asap.
thanks!

Edit: I really can't remember whether this is open adjudication or not, so as you are now sorted, I've removed the name of the piece just in case. ;) Di. Mod.

Accidental

Supporting Member
All Sorted now.

BIG thanks to Jane & Ron at SCABA and Shawn from Virtuosi for all their help.

Last edited:

dread0

Horsham Borough Band will be there at 09:00am for the First Section draw tomorrow.

Too bl**dy early in the day IMHO - I don't even get up that early to go to church on a Sunday ...

Any known results from the Saturday sections yet?

All the best of luck,
,-._|\
/ \
\_,--._ /
v
Me

rikster

Just for everybody's info, Scaba contest folkestone.
Brass Band Heist came 1st with 188pts.
East London came 2nd with 186 pts and Yiewsley and west drayton came 3rd with 185 pts.
IMHO Heist were top class and worthy winners, but wouldn't have been out of place in a much higher section than 2nd. East london also were excellent.
Congratulations to all.