SA xmas cd?

brassneck

Is this the same album that has been recently selling in the SA charity shops for £1.99? Recording sounded quite recent! :dunno

Maestro

I bought this last year Phil. The 2nd disc is definitely of a lesser recording quality. Sounds like it was done in a village hall.

Red Elvis

Aye , very boomy sound on second disc and , with the greatest respect to whoever it was , not the best band I've heard . Still , it was only £4:00

Brian Bowen

The first disc has the same playlist, albeit in a different order, to "Christmas Festival In Brass", first recorded by the ISB in 1974 (I played on that) and reissued by EMI in 1997.

I know nothing about the second disc.

John Brooks

I agree with Brian, the first CD is certainly the ISB recording from 1974 but the other one is a mystery to me too.

Maestro

The first disc has the same playlist, albeit in a different order, to "Christmas Festival In Brass", first recorded by the ISB in 1974 (I played on that) and reissued by EMI in 1997.

I know nothing about the second disc.

Thats the main reason I bought the disc.

PeterBale

Staff member
Several of the titles on the second disc appear on a Castle Music compilation cd entitled "Christmas Joy" by Wrexham Band recorded on location by Gordon Lorenz, and it seems the sort of mixture he would put together.

Aussie Tuba

I do wish CD makers would put complete correct details on CD covers. there has been a CD on sale over here and it is described as played by the South Brisbane temple Band. It is ther same compilation as an earlier recording made by Brisbane City Temple Band of the Salvation Army, I beleive it to be the actual recording made by Brisbane City Temple. Some people I know have bought it thinking it is somthing new only to find they have 2 copies of the same recording.