• Ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina

• Wales

• Total voters

Pythagoras

Who do people think will win the Rugby Union World Cup. (originally put Rugby but then remembered some six tackle types read this forum!) I'll be boring and predict an England New Zealand final. Think it might be quite like some of the recent England v Southern hemisphere matches where they score more tries but concede loads of penalties and Wilko punishes them. Know I'd settle for 15-13 again!

Keppler

Staff member
May be being overly optimistic, but have to believe in the lads!

*singing Ireland's call*

dyl

Wales will win it! Just like i'm going to win the roll-over lottery on Wednesday, and Shergar will win next year's Grand National, ridden by Lord Lucan. 8)

PeterBale

Staff member
I'd be a little wary of writing France off. I know they are inconsistent, but they've shown before that their very unpredictability can make them a threat. On their day they are capable of producing an upset against any opponent, particularly if they can keep their discipline and bring the backs into play with a good, running game.

Cantonian

I an a 100% and proud of it Welshman. Even I am not able to say that Wales will win the World cup. I think that England have played well for the past few years but are due for a drop in form. N
ew Zealand atre just coming back into the all winning form.

stephen2001

I reckon it will be one of the Southern Hemisphere big 3 of South Africa, New Zealand and Australia.
Everyone made sooo much of England's winning in the Summer, but they were not playing against full-strength sides!
But it will be close, and it will be exciting, and I don't expect it to go with the form-book!

Straightmute

Don't care too much but would like to see Jason Robinson playing at his very best. What really matters: Wigan beating Bradford in the Superleague final...

D

Heather

Even though i am a rugby league fan i will still be watching most of this.
Would love one of the GB sides to winbut i think it will be New Zealand.

timbloke

Now's as good a time as any for england to win... but apply this formula

England/(Sporting success + favourites + good chance) = Nearly reach the end + bottle it completely

i know clive's got a good headstrong team, but i still reckon the pressure will tell in the semi's/final's and they'll lose their heads and a stupid game.

but here's hoping eh? and there'll be some great matches to watch.

twigglet

Yep I agree, they have every oppurtunity to do well, but knowing england they will screw up under pressure.....although if jonny wilkinson is on form he is pretty much indestructible. Here's hoping..

Big Twigge

Go Wales!!!!!!
Back to reality... will support all of G.B(and glory hunt if necessary)

Watch lots of matches = more toned bottoms

SammyT

We, england, should win! :wink:
We have the form and as long as Jonny Wilkinson stays fit and isn't 'targeted' we should do well!!!!! :D
Come on boys - Specially all the Leicester lads
:D :D

Pythagoras

Think its a great shame that players from the pacific island nations are staying away because their countries cannot match the wages of their clubs in Britain or the Southern Hemisphere, who will forfeit their wages if they are away. The IRB need to help these countries more and clubs need to be less selfish. These countries will never be able to compete otherwise. It'll be the same 4 or 5 teams with a chance every time.