• Argentina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

timbloke

ted said:
"Operation Let Jonny Kick Us Over"

it doesn't matter how we score the points, or for that matter how many points we score... as long as the end result is the same.

Had the conditions been a bit more favourable, i'm sure a) we would have finished off a few of the potential try scoring moves and b) france wouldn't (and neither would we) have given away soooo many penalties from handling errors, hence johnny wouldn't have need to put on such a one man show on the score board.

that said, it was by no means a one man show on the pitch. one man cannot win a tournament... although i'm sure he'll try bloomin hard to!!

here's to saturday :guiness

Big Twigge

Is very unfair, big sister has now got tickets to the final :cry: only cost her about £300!!
Arhh well she maybe in Sydney...I'll be in Birmingham, I know shes jealous

SammyT

As long as I am in a pub with me breakfast and beer I'll be happy - then have to go to rehersal for leicester contest - don't think there will be many of us there who will be sober!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pythagoras

What a match! :D Had a bit of drama during the match myself. Went to the off licence at half time to get some more beer and forgot my keys. Couldn't wake my flatmate up, so had to do a mad rush into town to find somewhere showing it. Couldn't find a pub that was open, but found a market stall with a TV. Was allowed to watch if I bought a clock (which doesn't work) Didn't actually miss any points being scored. Can't believe we're world champions.

twigglet

watched all of it at the hotel in birmingham, it was an amazing match, absolutely brilliant and exciting right to the end.

nice one england, wahey!! :D :lol: :D :lol:

Heather

Absolutely fantastic match, although I thought I might have to leave the room at times as I couldn't stand the tension!!!!!
Its great to know we're world champions at something at long last.
Well Done England!

Big Twigge

Yey! was a little too scary at times though, but am very impressed that Elin and I managed to get out of bed too watch it.
What also amused me was the french p.m's comments about it being a victory for Europe!

satchmo shaz

wheres sammy t........... shhh......... shes asleep!! after 5 pints during the rugby, then more at band!!. (we had a rehearsal) needless to say most were late :wink: ah well eh!! sammy was very excited and very drunk, but amazingly she put most of her part in!! :lol:

Seedhouse

Satchmo Shaz said:
wheres sammy t........... shhh......... shes asleep!! after 5 pints during the rugby, then more at band!!. (we had a rehearsal) needless to say most were late ah well eh!! sammy was very excited and very drunk, but amazingly she put most of her part in!!

:lol: Lol! She definately did! Provided much amusement when she just ran in the rehearsal room and jumped up and down! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah well, plenty of excuse for excitement!
WELL DONE ENGLAND! :wink:

SammyT

Well..........I am now awake again!!
Just about sobering up - nothing like getting to the pub at 8.20 AM and having my first pint at 8.30am followed by a big breakfast - yummy (Have now learnt that drinking that early in the morning is cool but not recomended when you have a rehersal later) :guiness :guiness

Anyway Woohoo Just about calmed down now - the atmosphere in the pub was amazing - still cannot believe it!!
Well done to Martin - you have made Market Harborough very proud :D :D
:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

JessopSmythe

Barry John, David Campese and Jonny Wilkinson are standing before God at the throne of Heaven.

God looks at them and says; "before granting you a place at my side, I must first ask you what you believe in."

Addressing Barry John first he asks, "what do you believe?"

Barry John looks God in the eye and states passionately, "I believe Rugby
to be the food of life in Wales. Nothing else brings such unbridled joy to
so many people from the Valleys and Vales. I have devoted my life to bring such joy to people who stood on the terraces of the Cardiff Arms Park supporting their country."

God looks up and offers Barry John the seat to his left.

He then turns to David Campese , "and you, David , what do you believe?"

Campo stands tall and proud, "I believe courage, honour, passion and flair
are the fundamentals to life and I've spent my whole playing career
providing a living embodiment of these traits."

God, moved by the passion of the speech offers Campese the seat to his
right.

Finally, he turns to Jonny Wilkinson , "and you, Jonny, what do you
believe?"

"I believe" says Jonny "you're sitting in my seat."
:D

Product tMP members are discussing