Royal wedding;Who is working?

ian perks

With the Royal wedding next friday who is working?
If you are working;

1;Are you been paid for it
2 Given a day off at a alternative time.

Our gaffer is paying us treble time instead:woo

StellaJohnson

After today I'm off till the 3rd May. I've taken the 3 days off in between the bank holiday and my boss has only today realised what I have done!!

With the Royal wedding next friday who is working?
If you are working;

1;Are you been paid for it
2 Given a day off at a alternative time.

Our gaffer is paying us treble time instead:woo

We are working on the wedding yes........bringing you all the pictures and sound direct to your TV:)

PeterBale

Staff member
Quite happy to be working - double time as usual for a Bank Holiday: nothing against the Royal Wedding, and if it was just the ceremony itself I'd probably watch, but I can't stand all the preamble and post-match assessment :mad:

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Working. No overtime for me either - just a flat day. Sometimes its all take at our place.

I probably wouldn't watch it anyway, but I'd like to have the choice.

Hrrumph....

barrytone

I work for myself so I am working, got a full nine hour day Friday as usual, don't work, don't get paid and all my clients are happy for me to work that day so off I go! xx

Anno Draconis

My company go live with a major new management software system on 3 May, so I'll be in all weekend making sure everything's ready and good to go. Can't say I'm that gutted to miss the "festivities" but would have been nice to have the long weekend...

C

Chris Lee

So what's royal about Kate? Oh she artfully managed to capture a Prince. Is that cause for celebration and adulation?

I shall spend the day trying not to vomit. (Actually, ironically, I will be turning out to play at a Wedding Tea Party...)

Chris
(Newbie EEflat bass)

Red Elvis

No surprise that I'll not be joining in the bread and circuses. Will be taking site cover at work , no bank holiday pay but day off in lieu. The French and the Russians had the right idea.

BigHorn

I have a paid bank holiday which for the most part of the morning I will brick-laying a wall in my garden and then will spend the afternoon in the pub, which I am told is a wedding free zone.
I do think there's some big fibbers on here. I will go out of my way to avoid like the plague the 6 hour pre-amble and 12 hour post match analysis, where they will be interviewing loads of silly old women gushing 'oooooh she looked beautiful - just like a princess' . But I dare say I'll catch the main bit on a news program at some point after returning from the pub.
There you are. I'm so far the only bloke in Britain who has the guts to admit he'll watch a bit of it. I suspect I will be joined by millions of others who are boasting they won't be watching it.

Di

Noooo, I'll not be near a telly, I'll be cluttering up your roads with my caravan, setting off for a long weekend away. Thanks for the extra day. :)

annerly

I'll either be soaking 'something' up (Timmothy Taylors or Black Sheep) at a street party... well away from any screens, or playing at one. Prefer the first option as it means we'll still get a band practise in the evening!! won't know which until Tuesday :(

popmills

I will be working and seeing part of the celebration close up as a member of the guard of honour on their return to the palace.
Long may we keep the Royal family, they are much more respected than any politician

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.