Ross Town Band fresh start

Viv

Ross Town Band has just appointed a new MD and is looking for players in all sections. We are a non-contesting, non-marching band that is serious about making music in a friendly atmosphere for the enjoyment and entertainment of both the players and the people of Ross. The band welcomes players in all sections but is particularly looking for Soprano, Euphonium and B flat Bass players at the moment.

Viv

Thanks, if you know Ross on Wye you'll know why we don't march, carnival day was a killer.

Tom-King

Not well - played in the park a few times but not really been around the town much :)

What I've seen though I can imagine marching isn't much fun :p

2nd tenor

"Non-Marching" - that's a great selling point :)

Would be to me, though some might like it I hate marching.

Being by a River I’d have thought Ross-on-Wye would be flat, but then I checked on Google and it’s definitely not flat at all, it still looks like a nice place though.

Did a little digging on the web, seems that the new conductor plays for a first section band so I guess that he knows his stuff.

Good luck to Ross with their fresh start - it’s tough keeping a band going.

Ross-on-Wye Town Band . Looks like they rehearse on a Friday night.

Last edited:

Queeg2000

When I first saw the title of this I was sceptical. It wouldn't be the first time a high section band disbanded then a "new" band started with pretty much the same players as the old one, though now in a lower section where they win everything.

MoominDave

As far as I can tell, Ross town band hasn't entered a contest since it attended a couple of the Crystal Palace championships in the 1930s...

Tom-King

As far as I can tell, Ross town band hasn't entered a contest since it attended a couple of the Crystal Palace championships in the 1930s...

I've only been aware of it as a non-contesting band, though only peripherally even then (something about non-contesting bands makes them barely register on my radar for some reason?).

Funnily enough, it seems I knew this bands previous conductor but not it's new one.