Romantic or not??

bagpuss

I've just been browsing through our very own Roger Thornes' website and found a piece called Salliann. It's a piece (presumably) dedicated to or written about his wife (called Salliann surprisingly enough). Call me sentimental/romantic, but I think it's a lovely thing to do.

No one has ever done that for me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If anyone wants to, I'd be very happy to pay them for it!!!!

Puss

Roger Thorne

Bagpuss,

Why didn't you mention it, Salli wouldn't mind me writing something for you. Unfortunately I'm snowed under at the moment, but I'm sure you'll get loads of offers.

:wink:

Dave Payn

bagpuss said:
I've just been browsing through our very own Roger Thornes' website and found a piece called Salliann. It's a piece (presumably) dedicated to or written about his wife (called Salliann surprisingly enough). Call me sentimental/romantic, but I think it's a lovely thing to do.

Puss

Probably because any music from the programme Bagpuss is in copyright and would need permission/clearance/fees.

;-) ;-)

bagpuss

Roger Thorne said:
Bagpuss,

Why didn't you mention it, Salli wouldn't mind me writing something for you. Unfortunately I'm snowed under at the moment, but I'm sure you'll get loads of offers.

Thanks Roger!!! :D :D

Dave Payn

I thought I had a piece written for me. I think it was called something like 'Shadappa your face' or something.... ;-)

Not in the romantic sense though! Written by my music teacher who just so happens to be a published composer. Very good it is as well!

But back on topic, i think it's a very romantic thing to do!!!
Good on you Roger! :wink:

James McFadyen

Way back when I was in High School, I wrote a piece for a girl who fancied me.

That's about it for me so far, Don't think anybody loves me enough for me to write a piece for them :cry:

Brian Bowen

bagpuss said:

Puss
And there was I thinking Roger's piece was a tribute to the SA or someone in it (The Salvation Army is often called the SallyAnn). Thanks for the clarification. :)

bagpuss said:

Puss

Yeah that is very romantic - I'm very suprised by that lovely gesture. Nice one Mr Thorne. Just out of interest how many years ago did you write that one?

Roger Thorne

Kari Anson said:
Yeah that is very romantic - I'm very suprised by that lovely gesture. Nice one Mr Thorne. Just out of interest how many years ago did you write that one?
ermm, 20 years ago!

Okiedokie of Oz

and writing it wasn't a "musy moment"?????

Caroline, think yourself lucky, you have a name that people want to write about!
Sweet Caroline DUM DUM DAH!!!!!!

Sorry, GMB joke, we play that song a lot.

Lauradoll

Okiedokie of Oz said:
and writing it wasn't a "musy moment"?????

Caroline, think yourself lucky, you have a name that people want to write about!
Sweet Caroline DUM DUM DAH!!!!!!

Sorry, GMB joke, we play that song a lot.

What's that??

Big Twigge

or the one that my sisters used to torment me with when I was little....
"Caroline(over a few beats)shes so lazy, shes so crazy"
it's scarred me for life... :cry: :cry: :cry: !

back on topic.....is anybody going to write the lovely Bagpuss a piece then?!

PeterBale

Staff member
You've even got a motif from the name to start you off:

Bb - A - G

. . . and we all know how much girls like a nice bag :roll:

PeterBale said:
You've even got a motif from the name to start you off:

Bb - A - G

. . . and we all know how much girls like a nice bag :roll:

Excellent Mr Bale.............simply excellent.

James McFadyen

Bb A G, awfully minor isn't it! If just a tad cheesy-slush.

If ur interested in a dedicated piece Bagpuss, all u need to do is pm me, and I'll help u out :wink: