Roll call .... has your band survived?

2nd tenor

So far my own Band has survived quite well but we are very lucky with the folk on our committee: they are inventive, able, enthusiastic, cooperative and committed. Over this difficult time we have held events on-line and, when possible and legal, used small group playing in open air settings - both types of activities have worked really well. Fortunately we’re a non-contesting Band, but those that are might well feel driven to bend the rules. I wouldn’t consider bending the (for our safety) rules but have heard that it goes on. I appreciate the conflicts but personally believe that it’s better to risk loosing a contest, and even possible demotion, than risk someone catching or spreading Covid - it’s a hidden and prolific killer ...

Let’s hope for a better tomorrow. If your Band is now down on numbers then small group playing can work very well and provides a base from which to regain, restore and recruit players.

So far my own Band has survived quite well but we are very lucky with the folk on our committee: they are inventive, able, enthusiastic, cooperative and committed. Over this difficult time we have held events on-line and, when possible and legal, used small group playing in open air settings - both types of activities have worked really well. Fortunately we’re a non-contesting Band, but those that are might well feel driven to bend the rules. I wouldn’t consider bending the (for our safety) rules but have heard that it goes on. I appreciate the conflicts but personally believe that it’s better to risk loosing a contest, and even possible demotion, than risk someone catching or spreading Covid - it’s a hidden and prolific killer ...

Let’s hope for a better tomorrow. If your Band is now down on numbers then small group playing can work very well and provides a base from which to regain, restore and recruit players.
I agree that it would be dreadful to have players becoming ill after all our safety care. Heard about too many band folk and their family deaths. Fun HAS been had with small groups though; tha cannae hide when theere's only 4 of thi. Lol