Rob Gill - YBS?

Has Rob Gill, the former principal of the ISB, joined YBS as bumper-upper? :?: I thought I saw someone saying that the other day but wasn't sure if it was true.

Soon to be Principal

leisa

think that was his name i know someones joined on bumper up im sure that was his name actually :?

johnflugel

Rob was previously bumper up with YBS to Ian Porthouse prior to joining the ISB. He is not currently with a band so there is every possibility.

John
Rothwell Temps

leisa

i just heard u had found a bumper-up although it wasnt rob gill that i heard i wont say incase its secret

Steve

How is the young chap on trial getting on? He is an old friend of mine and i only heard yesterday he was playing. Cracking cornet player he is too!

leisa

Steve21 said:
How is the young chap on trial getting on? He is an old friend of mine and i only heard yesterday he was playing. Cracking cornet player he is too!

can we say who it is aiden or is it secret???

Steve

I dont know if everybody knows or not?!?!?!?! I heard second hand but I am sure it cant be a secret. Not willing to go saying anything just incase, I will leave that to someone from YBS.

Steve

A bit of info on Pete Collins -

Former principal cornet of the Foresters band (Leicestershire) and solo cornet with the NYBBGB. Ex Roger Webster student and very successful former principal cornet of Youth Brass 2000 having won european and british youth solo titles. Just finished his post grad in performance (trumpet I believe) at the royal college and is currently conducting Foresters Brass. Excellent player.

I have it on v.good authority that both Pete Collins and Rob Gill have played with Dyke recently, with their fourth man vacancy in mind. But the position has been successfully filled within the band by one of their second cornet players. ?? Can anyone confirm / deny ??

johnflugel

I know Rob assisted Dyke in a recording a week or two ago but I think it's one of the first times he has played since leaving the ISB. Don't know anymore than that!

John
Flugel - Rothwell Temps

Steve

I understand Pete is touring Bermuda/the Bahamas (something begining with B thats not in this country) with Dyke, but not with a view to filling the position.

Railybobs

please tell me that there is no-one in the banding world that actually thinks that it is possible to keep a secret.

Try transfering to another band on the quiet. it don't work.