Rind On or Rindless?

Rind On or Rindless?

• Total voters

Di

OK, this has gotta be a sad question, but as a lover of a good ole bacon butty, I find it very frustrating that more and more shops are now selling only "rindless" bacon. :evil: They obviously want us to recognise that they see this as the "healthier" option, but why deny us the choice? Think I may have to start a picket line!!! :wink:

Dave Payn

Rindless bacon? That's a bit of a pig isn't it. Careful about picket lines, though. Don't do anything rasher, will you? Lean back and relax.

I'll get me coat

:lol: :lol:

Accidental

Supporting Member
Can you add a fake-bacon category for the veggies? Streaky Strips rule!!

If anything was gonna tempt me back to meat it would be a bacon buttie - white bread, loads of ketchup, and no rinds..........

Di

Soooo sorry to have missed off a veggy option. :oops: :shock: :cry: Unfortunately, I can't add another option now that voting has started.

MattB

GOT to be rindless.

ASDA Smartprice Rindless Back Bacon

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmm etc.

Edit: Way too many mmm's in one line for the page width! Dyl.

twigglet

Ooo rindless most definately
and then we get into the minefield of...

Smoked or not smoked?

Not smoked for me, smoked is horrid

dyl

Dinie said:
Soooo sorry to have missed off a veggy option. :oops: :shock: :cry: Unfortunately, I can't add another option now that voting has started.
Sorted! ;)

If it's (real) bacon, I'll eat it! However, prefer it with the rind.

PeterBale

Staff member
I prefer my bacon with the rind, although I get told off by the missus if I don't trim it off her slices. I suppose we get more bacon for our money if the rind is missing, but there's something special about crunching through the rind once it has been cooked - grilled of course, not fried :wink:

Di

dyl said:
Dinie said:
Sorted! ;)

If it's (real) bacon, I'll eat it! However, prefer it with the rind.
Thanks for sorting Dyl, you've saved my bacon! :oops: :roll:

HBB

I don't like the rind if the bacon's soggy and soft, but if it's really, really, really crispy then it's lovely.

super_sop

Supporting Member
It has to be rind on for me well done, till its all cripsy, put it ona buttered toast butty, slap on the HP, loverly.
cant beat it with a stick!
:p

Brian Bowen

Because American bacon is as much fat as it is meat (Canadian is better), and we're very cholesterol conscious, we usually have turkey bacon! My wife fooled me with it at first and it's quite good. But I guess you die-hards ( :p ) would demur.

Accidental

Supporting Member
Turkey bacon :shock:
That sounds like even more of a travesty than the fake veggie stuff - at least I can pretend I'm eating pig :wink:

manx_yessir

As long as it's bacon I don't care! You can't beat a bacon sarnie or bap on a Sunday morning after a 'heavy' Saturday night. :lol:

lynchie

ah good old fat.... there's nothing better than 5 rashers (full fat), 2 pieces of white bread and lashings of tomato ketchup to make you feel happy in the morning! Especially when the rind's a bit crispy, slightly brown... mmmmmmm... now i'm hungry!

Trom41821

Accidental said:
Can you add a fake-bacon category for the veggies? Streaky Strips rule!!

Can't remember what the animal stuff tastes like. I've been veggie for nearly 14 years :!:

lynchie

ooo nearly forgot the smoked/unsmoked dilemma...

unsmoked every time for me... we have fridges to keep things fresh these days people!