Ridiculous job titles!

cornetgirl

I found out on Wednesday that for half a day a week I rejoice in the title of Honorary Clinical Assistant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - I've only held the post for a month before I find out the job title!

Anyone else on tMP have a really silly job title?

Rach x

Keppler

Staff member
I'm a Chief-something-or-other...
which I find silly as I've no-one to be chiefing over.

As I always say, what's the point of having power if you can't rub someone's face in it..

p.s. ner ner, I'm a moderator
(Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem.)

Trom41821

Argh well are you ready for this..........
I'm the CRAMP and APLUS Manager............
Computerised Routing of Automated Mails Process and A PAF based Local Updating System :!: :!: :!:

You did ask

I just tell peple I work for Royal Mail :oops:

Moy

I promise this is a true story.
All the heads of the instrumental services in Scotland got together and formed a new group......it was called:

ScottishHeads of Instrumental Teaching Service. SHITS
Surprise surprise they had a quick change of name Heads of Instrumental Teaching Scotland. HITS
edited 'cause I missed a capital letter :wink:

JessopSmythe

Yet another true story, honest. Ask Bagpuss if you don't believe me.
Apparently, the new computers used in Network Rails signal boxes are called Automatic Routing Systems. Their operators (including our very own Bagpuss) are therefore known as Automatic Routing System Engineers. To make matters worse, the guys on call in the event of a problem with these computers are the Fast Action Response Team. :D :D

Despot

Well not a job title, but along the sames lines, I have seen a screwdriver reffered to as a "torque amplifier"...! :D

Morghoven

cornetgirl said:
Anyone else on tMP have a really silly job title?

Professional musician. A contradiction in terms because as any fule kno, there's no money to be made in music..... :cry:

Dave

andyp

I work on a computer support section, since we're the only department in the office that hasn't changed our name recently we came up with some suggestions. The best one is unrepeatable here, it started with Technology, ended in Team, had four letters and would have made answering the phone soooo much more interesting............

One other suggestion was Computer Literacy and Information Technology Office Regional Infrastructure Support, but this was rejected on the grounds that no-one male would be able to find us :) :) :) !

Straightmute

In my last job my boss was called Head of Discipline but she was later promoted to become Chair of Discipline.

I always enjoyed going to see her.

D

Big Fella

Not a job title, but a couple of months ago, we bought for work 120 of the following :

Stainless Steel Single Foot Operated Waste Disposal Unit...

PEDAL BIN !!!!!!
It must be the Americans taking over....

trombelle

ohh dear...

true story....my mate's brother was "Head of Utensil Organisation, Matinence, and Distribution"

yes...chief washer upper in a VERY posh restaurant!!

winterman

Well I am officially an Internet Working Consultant..

Probably quite apt really as I am not convinced some of our other consultants do actually do any work! hehe

Mic
Principle 2nd Euph @ Drighlington Band

BottyBurp

Yeah, well if you get the right rates, you don't actually NEED to do much work!!! :lol:

I try to be like a teacher, only work 3/4 of the year but get a decent salary... :wink: