Rhyl Festival of Brass results

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Just had a call from Sparkly who was playing with Flixton today at the above contest... here's the results she remembers..

Championship Section

1st Pemberton Old 196+45 = 240pts
2nd Wire Brass 192+47 = 239pts
3rd Northop 188+46 = 234pts
4th Wrexham 184+41 = 225pts
5th Rhyl 176+41 = 217pts

Best Euphonium Player: Northop
Best Soloist: Trombone Wire Brass
Best Percussion: Pemberton Old

2nd section

1st Wire Brass 192+43 = 235pts
2nd Llanrug 188+47 = 235pts
3rd Flixton 184+44 = 228pts
4th Deiniolen 180+47 = 227pts
5th Greenall's 178+47 = 225pts

Best Percussion: Flixton
Best Soloist: Cornet - Llanrug

Edited to include full results

stopher

Hopefully I've remembered the 3rd section results properly!

1st - Hoover Bolton
2nd - Newtown
3rd -
4th - Pheonix West Midlands

BEst Solo - Dewi Ellis Jones, Marimba - Porthaethwy Menai Bridge
Best Perc - Wasn't listening at this point!

Well done to Hoover and all the prize-winners.

Wish there had been a time limit on the speeches after like all the bands had!

welshmike

Rhyl

Thanx laura! The band did play well and given the comments I heard I don't think anyone who was there and heard us could complain!!

Wahay :D

drummergurl

i fink raimnford cam,e 4th, n greengalls came 4th (thats 3rd section, n 2nd section in that order) by the way, im sorry if my typin goes all rong, ive had alot of alcofrol today(understatement of the century)!!!!

anywayz it were nice meetin roger thorne!! :D

drummergurl

didnt see any1 else apart from the ones i knew anywayz, but i didnt meet other tmpers!! btw i looked alot like my avatar. altho maybe more tipsy than my avatar looks

NAS

Good to see Tmp'ers today! Unfortunatley I had more than one disagreement with organisers.... Will have to see wots said within the next few days as to contest rules :wink: .

nickjones

A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO WIRE BRASS....Blimey not only winning the 2nd section , but a really well deserved runner up place in the Open Section...totally different programs..no repeat of any pieces...
Brilliantly played and really entertaining.. :D

nickjones

Just sent you a pm amigo....very impressive..not your typical march solo slow one and finale...was good to see Entertainment used at an entertainment competition.. :D bit of robbie williams , henry mancini , louis prima , duke ellington..very classy.

tubbythe tuba

Thanks Nick for your help and glad to see you enjoyed yourself. It was great to see that Austin won best soloist as well. A top player and a top arranger.

Thanks again Nick hope to see you again soon.

Ian

Eb Bass
Wire Brass

sparkling_quavers

nickjbeaumarisband said:
not your typical march solo slow one and finale...was good to see Entertainment used at an entertainment compertition..

I would say that was the strength of the competition yesterday there were some good programs

nickjones

No worries...bout time a band came along and were entertaining for a change..yes only a point behind Pemberton and beating current welsh Championchip and 1st section bands..Brilliant..
anytime the band need a hand will help out...one condition tho , dont want to sit in front of Mike again...dont think I can take another 20 top d's and E's on cornet...my ears still ringing

nickjones

[quote="sparkling_quavers
I would say that was the strength of the competition yesterday there were some good programs[/quote]

yes I agree , was good to see Kev Gibbs and Flixton....there were some great programs yesterday...was good to see wire do something entertaining not just the usual march , solo etc.......

lynchie

I'm still to find out what anyone ever found entertaining about a band playing a march sat still...

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.