Revised Poll: Favourite Bands!!

Which is your favourite band?

• Total voters

amgray

Tredegar STILL in the list eh? :lol:
What about some of the other bands of a similar standing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
(Nothing against Tredegar per se but.......)

Curious

amgray said:
What about some of the other bands of a similar standing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm beginning to think you are Tredegarphobic Andy!!!!!

HBB

Curious said:
amgray said:

I'm beginning to think you are Tredegarphobic Andy!!!!!

I can see his point though ....... they haven't got any votes have they!!!!

dyl

Sonny Barker said:
What's with the Tredegar fixation - I thought I was on 4BarsRest for a second!
Tredegar fixation? I'm sorry, but you're way off the mark there - this topic which you've just resurrected is well over a year old - were you searching for posts about Tredegar by any chance? ;) If you were to trawl through the posts made within the last 12 months, or even the ones made before then, you will find that there is absolutely no 'fixation' towards any band here on tMP. :rolleyes:

Lester Piggot

My vote is YBS.......Black Dyke dont have enough class, Cory leave me feeling like ive been hit over the head with a cricket bat. Faireys are an unknown quantity.

flugelgal

dyl said:
were you searching for posts about Tredegar by any chance? ;)
Dyl, I believe that as this is a poll it could have been through the little box on the "Portal" Page - I'm even getting polls I've already voted in showing up there (may be to do with the fact that we are using new software).

dyl

flugelgal said:
Dyl, I believe that as this is a poll it could have been through the little box on the "Portal" Page - I'm even getting polls I've already voted in showing up there (may be to do with the fact that we are using new software).
Either way, a sweeping comment like that has to be backed up. tMP has no fixation with any band!

johnflugel

I would have to say my own band RTB is a fantastic band to be part of . Pressure and expectatation..yes, but with the right motivation. A down to earth set o fguys and and a really progressive band with a real sense of direction.

Listening wise, I love to listen to YBS. They stirred my interest in contesting bands with the release of the 'Essays' series and what they did with some the SA repertoire blew me away.

I wish I had been able to see the likes of the Parkes Dyke, Snell Brittania and Watson Desford Live.

andyp

I can't pick one out from those, my 3 favourite band CD's are Wagner (Grimethorpe), Essays for Brass 1 (YBS) and Works of Berlioz (Faireys), and Fodens with Howard Snell are still the best Whit Friday performance I've heard at Delph.
I'd happily go listen to any of them, and any on their day could win a contest involving them all.
So I'm voting for my own band!

I voted for B & R, they have such a nice sound. I have a few of their cd's, some of the best in my collection. I'v always admired they're sound.

critic

Favourite Bands

John Flugel Said He Wished He Had Seen Dyke With Parkes'brittania With Snell And Desford With Watson .i Can Assure Him They Were Great Bands And Desford In Concert Were Something Else A Credit To See And Hear

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Cory comes in a close second to Black Dyke for me, but that may change based on the recent departures of Rob Richardson and Ben Rapp. (Fodens is probably third)

(at their level I judge bands by how well they socialize with their supporters - because they all play quite brilliantly)

ian perks

Black Dyke just for me in front of CORY.
They have just two GREAT CONDUCTORS at the moment
NICK&BOB CHILDS
Who have time to have a chat to you at contests and nothing is no trouble for them i.e if you need a tip about something they will give it to you.
By the way go up to DOYEN CENTRE to have alook round at the BRASS BAND MUSEUM set up by NICK there is a 5 VALVE EUPHONIUM there.
I have been 2 times and spent 4/5 hours there
Down stairs is FRED RHODES INSTRUMENTS with John Webster &Glyn Williams.:-D