2nd - Clifton & Lightcliffe
3rd - Emley Brass

Hymn - Linthwaite.

Section A (the rest)

1st - Meltham & Meltham Mills
2nd - Old Silkstone
3rd - Elland

Hymn - Old Silkstone.

Thanks to Clifton for lending us there timps. Sorry but I can't remember the Youth section!!! A Good day had by all!

ploughboy

Section B - Huddsfield Brass Ensemble, Skelmanthorpe B (winners of best 4th section not in prizes)

Section A - that was all the entry

Hollso

I kinda remember the Youth Section...
1st: Longroyd something?
2nd: Sellers
3rd: Clifton and Lightcliffe Juniors

edit: Seller's got the Hyme tune i think

A good morning i reckon!
I was happy to hear that afternoon that we had got 2nd. Ironic that we played the same peice as Huddersfield Brass (Vizcaya) and beat them, though they beat us at Bradford. :dunno It beats me, but i'm not complaining.

Oh, and i think you're most welcome, Garry ;)

markyboy

Must say congratulations to my old Band Meltham, who won their first contest for 12 years yesterday (playing Land of the Long White Cloud).
Yes I know there was only three bands in the section but it it did include Silkstone who are a section higher, and came fourth (?) in the First section Area a couple of weeks ago.
As I mentioned a few months ago in another posting, Meltham were down to 9 players just over 3 years ago, so it just goes to show that some bands can really pull things round if they stick with it!
So once again well done Meltham, I'm really pleased for you.

brucejones

markyboy said:
As I mentioned a few months ago in another posting, Meltham were down to 9 players just over 3 years ago, so it just goes to show that some bands can really pull things round if they stick with it!
So once again well done Meltham, I'm really pleased for you.

I echo this. Meltham have put a great deal of work in to keep afloat and things are looking up now, especially now they have the talented Mr Dyson boosting the ranks!

Congratulations to you all.

Ditto the congratulations to Meltham from another ex-member. Proud to have been involved with a band with such a great history. May it be re-lived :D

Onwards and upwards!!