Resounding Brass

Dave Payn

Does anyone know of this group? Do they still exist? They contributed a few tracks to a BBC Songs of Praise Christmas CD a few years back and appeared playing much the same stuff on a CD entitled O Come Let Us Adore Him on the Herald label. Being a curious old sod where brass ensembles are concerned (or, if you like, 'anorak') I tried to find out more about them but haven't been able to, save someone mentioning (on these boards, I think) that it was run by the trombonist Roger Harvey. Any more info about them greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

PeterBale

Staff member
They are listed as taking part in a Christmas concert with Winchester Cathedral Choir this year. It may, of course, be a working name for an ad-hoc group just put together for the occasional concert.

Dave Payn

Many thanks for your replies thus far, Peter and Railton. I hope that they continue on whatever basis. What I've heard of them so far sounds pretty impressive!

Thanks again

Regards

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.