Relaxing?

Nat

I love to listen to ENYA when i'm relaxing/revising/having a bath.
just wondering what everyone else listens to to unwind?

Trigger

Get drunk! That always relaxes me! :wink:

I suppose Dido is quite nice and the Titanic soundtrack. Trouble is, that all music winds me up more, if it's upbeat, then I start dancing to it, if it's a slow song then I start singing, if it's band music I get the music out and start playing with it!! :roll:

ju33les

After a hard day's shouting/saving lives/couselling/generally being a friend,sister,auntie,social worker etc , I have found that a quick blast of band music...even as common as the Brassed Off CD , chills me instantly on the drive home.
Failing that a good old sing along with Robbie Williams does the trick!(when he's available :p !)

ju33les

Ooops! Forgot to mention the 10 gallons of Cabernet sauvignon and a cheese and worcester sauce toastie!

neiltwist

i have to say that a few songs from outkasts latest album are relaxing, you can't dance to them, and there is no singing really!

but give me the whole of spartacus (not just the second movement), and a glass of new world shraz. Or lindemans shiraz (2001, or 2002), or wolf blaas 2001 cabernet sauvignon.

or alternatively a beer, or cup of tea, or a holiday in florida.

2nd man down

Staff member
I just turn out all the lights and listen to something slow like the Adagio from Bruchs violin concerto. That's a really beautiful, stress relieving piece of music.
But stuff like the Carpenters and Simon & Garfunkel chill me out too.

[edit] I just realised this is my 300th post...and I've only been registered a month and a half :bounce ...i think it's time i sought professional help!! :roll:

MoominDave

Not a bad effort at all. A quick survey shows you in 3rd place on "tMP posting density":

PeterBale 11.32 posts/day - no one can touch the master!
Dave Payn 9.29
2nd man down 7.55
Okiedokie of Oz 7.47
Roger Thorne 5.08

I listen to Jimi Hendrix to clam me down! or Eric Clapton if I'm really wound up! I blame this on my father, I knew the words to stairway to heaven aged 3! He's given me the gift of good guitars!

Accidental

Supporting Member
MoominDave said:
Not a bad effort at all. A quick survey shows you in 3rd place on "tMP posting density".....
Blimey Dave, are you going for BOC of the year or what?! :shock:
Nice try, but you forgot Lynchie (8.34) and Maestro (5.41)...... I'm not sure who's sadder - you for looking in the first place, or me for knowing you'd missed some! :lol:

Nat said:
I love to listen to ENYA when i'm relaxing/revising/having a bath.
just wondering what everyone else listens to to unwind?

ENYA cool stuff got loads of cd's well there my mams but cool stuff. 8)

The Cornet King

To relax, i just chill with a pint of guinness :guiness

Music wise, Elgar's Enigma Variations does it for me. Listen to it in the pitch black. Ideal to chill out to! :D

Naomi McFadyen

Chris,
I thought that our day out in Wetherspoons on Saturday was rather relaxing too :) no stress, no work... nothing...
Just watching some people every now and again running to the convienences! :lol:

The Cornet King

Naruco said:
Chris,
I thought that our day out in Wetherspoons on Saturday was rather relaxing too :) no stress, no work... nothing...
Just watching some people every now and again running to the convienences! :lol:

Definately...that was relaxation in every way!...what can be better than relaxing avec a friend with a few beers! :D Was superb!

And i've never seen so many people run so fast towards the loo's!
Twig memory bank...last wednesday night :? The less said the better ey Naomi!?

:lol: :wink:

The Cornet King

:lol: hehe

Not like we were in a pub or anything before hand either :guiness (yeh right!) :lol:
Plus too much time spent at the motorway slip road! (for those who dont know...dont ask!)

I bet after 19 miles of desperation, it was pretty relaxing to get that out of the old system! (ugh!)

:lol: :hammer