Recommendations for a cornet repair/restoration?

Matt_NTB

Hi - I've decided it's time to get my cornet repaired, thoroughly cleaned and re-lacquered.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Matt_NTB

Thanks guys - I did have a look at the Mcqueen's website and it looks like a very decent set up. Nice to have some feedback on the sop, Smid.

Will certainly give Eclipse a look, thanks Dizzy.

Trumpet Mike - I'm based near Cambridge.

trumpetmike

If you are in Cambridge - I would also put my vote towards Eclipse - always stunning work from Leigh

John Turner

Hi

I am aware this is an old thread but I'm new to this forum and I can't seem to start a new conversation.

I recently moved to near Huddersfield and my poor old cornet has been damaged. Mother in law sat on it, no jokes please, I've heard them all.

I need to get the bell reshaped, can anyone recommend someone near here as we are fairly new to the area?

Many Thanks in anticipation.

Sheryl Doe

Hi

I am aware this is an old thread but I'm new to this forum and I can't seem to start a new conversation.

I recently moved to near Huddersfield and my poor old cornet has been damaged. Mother in law sat on it, no jokes please, I've heard them all.

I need to get the bell reshaped, can anyone recommend someone near here as we are fairly new to the area?

Many Thanks in anticipation.

Hi John

If you live near Huddersfield as I do, try Hansons Musical instruments Hanson Musical Instruments He's based in Marsden and really reasonable. He sorted my cornet out following a Whit Friday disaster.

He's a really nice chap too.

Hope that helps

John Turner

Well hello Sheryl, I got my marching glasses from you. They are brilliant. Just the job for Whit Friday.

I don't know why I didn't come in and ask you where to get my repair. I should have guessed you would know.

Where in Marsden are Hansons, I looked at the link but don't know the area that well.

Thanks So much

John

Sheryl Doe

Well hello Sheryl, I got my marching glasses from you. They are brilliant. Just the job for Whit Friday.

I don't know why I didn't come in and ask you where to get my repair. I should have guessed you would know.

Where in Marsden are Hansons, I looked at the link but don't know the area that well.

Thanks So much

John

Hello John, what a small world. Yes if you had popped in I would have suggested Alistair at Hansons, Here read the blog Allegro Optical Opticians help a musical instrument maker to see

Go into Marsden, go down Peel Street, past the Mechanics and Mozzarella's on your right. Go to the end and turn right at Peel One, Hansons is just along on your left.

Sheryl