re: who's the better sex?!?!?!?

girls or boys?? take your pick hehe

• Total voters

cornetgirl

Girls rule!!!! Where would you men be without us???

And whatever happened to Girls of Brass - should we start a tMP version?

And at risk of charging off topic - since when did you become a fashion guru Mr. Mute? Men have NO sense of fashion and I ain't even gonna start on your shirts.......

Come on you girlies!!!

Rach x

neiltwist

BoozyBTrom said:
Also I hear that there is a Female bass trom player here on the forum who has played for YBS. I bet she could out blow all the so called chauvanist bass tromplayers on here.

The Bass Trom is a weapon to be feared and reveared in all bandrooms whether in male or Female hands.

So Nerrrrrrr Ner na Ner Ner :wink:

a true bass trom player never claims to be better or worse than the other sex. girls can be as good as boys, and to be honest i've never met a chauvanistic bass trom player. A few tenors, but not a bass trom. in fact the bass trom of the haydock band (3rd in the north west regionals) is female I think.

ps, the aim of playing bass trom isn't to blow out everyone else, contrary to popular belief.

Roger Thorne

Jackfield (Elcock Reisen) Band have a female Bass Trombone player who is excellent. She'll also drink you lot under the table!!

Boneman will vouch for that.

:wink:

neiltwist

Roger Thorne said:
Jackfield (Elcock Reisen) Band have a female Bass Trombone player who is excellent. She'll also drink you lot under the table!!

whatever, you've obviously never seen me drink!

BoozyBTrom

Roger Thorne said:

Ahhh a women after my own heart. Anyone who can play the evil G and sup loads of ale gets a thumbs up in my book. Mr Nowell for imps is the master of consuming VAST amouts of Booze though.

Heather

We've got a great solo trombone player, Claire.
I recon she could hold her own against any top player.
Our solo horn, Annette, is also female.

Bones

satchmo shaz said:
us girls are reliable , committed (or should be! :wink: ) and of course better players (and MDS.......... well maybe................ sometimes). In my band there is an even number of girls to boys!............maybe thats why we all get on so well!! :)

Got nothing to do with the fact most of them are related, married or engaged to each other then Shaz.

Cheers

Rich

geordiecolin

sparkling_quavers said:
yeah girls are still in the minority in bands (not that that is a bad thing LOL). Although in Dronfield band they are hardly any blokes are they Colin?

Well, if you include the 2 new lasses from Hallam Uni who came down last night :D :D :D :D :D :D

i make it

Front Row: mmf
Back Row: mmffff
Basses: mmmm
Baritones:ff
Euphs:mm
Horns:ffmf
Flugel: f
Troms: mm
Perc: m
meaning we have: 11 women
14 men
(44% women, 56% men)

Is dronfield band the most politically correct band on themouthpiece.com??

Or is there some Convent Band or Girls School Band i haven't heard about??

PeterBale

Staff member
geordiecolin said:
Is dronfield band the most politically correct band on themouthpiece.com??

Or is there some Convent Band or Girls School Band i haven't heard about??

To be truly politically correct, does that mean you have to vet applicants for the vacant chairs in order to recruit some "don't knows"?

geordiecolin

Don't get me started......

The only reason Dronfield has soooo many ladeeeeeezz is because there EEb Bass player is such a sexy hunk!!. AYE!!

We haven't had any one-legged black lesbians apply as of yet, but if we did then there would be no denying our politically correct greatness!!

The Judge

Running the risk of being non PC, I think it would be great to see more ladies playing - as long as they're good looking and wear short skirts. And of course they must also be able to blow well. :wink:

HBB

The Judge said:
Running the risk of being non PC, I think it would be great to see more ladies playing - as long as they're good looking and wear short skirts. And of course they must also be able to blow well. :wink:

Hear Hear ----- and they must be able to make tea

*visuallises a cyber-slap!* ?? :?

HBB

Of course we have tea in the break, don't you???

Bet you lot up there have Beer! :D :?

We're a tad civilized down here! :D